Yeah Ive Got Coraline!

MrLiam

Fish Herder
Reaction score
As the title says ive got a few spots appearing on the back panel of my tank and before I had it I thought it was horrible but its lovely and bright purple. Just thought I would let you know my success as ive heard that people struggle to get it in there tank.
:yahoo: :drinks: :hyper:

As the title says ive got a few spots appearing on the back panel of my tank and before I had it I thought it was horrible but its lovely and bright purple. Just thought I would let you know my success as ive heard that people struggle to get it in there tank.
:yahoo: :drinks: :hyper:

I LOVE my coraline algae and have loads of spores all over the glass and back panel. If you want to increase its growth, they like nutrients but be careful as too many nutrients can cause probs and increase GHA and bubble algae.

Just give it time and it will spread soon enough.

Or if you like wasting money there are apparent 'miracle' remedies you can add that increase coraline growth at a fast rate but Iv'e read it can cause more probs with your tank and requires regular dosing.

Once again patience is the key!

If you get too much coraline then drop an urchin in there they love it! :lol:

I did like spending my money when I had it but its all been spent on my tank :lol:

You will get it everywhere mate. In the space of 3 months its encrusted the intake to my skimmer (sump is lit for refugium) growing on my weir teeth, already had to clean my MP40 as it was completely covered with the stuff and the reef plate that was stark white is now purple all over. It's amazing how quick it spreads, things in your tank are obviously good :good: , low nitrates and low phosphate will make for good coraline growth, it certainly doesn't care about light as shown by the growth in the sump.

I wish I had some money I have some for a car and some for petrol for my boat and my boat. But my fish money has beed killed by the upgrade bug nasty thing.

If I sold my boat I could have a 10ft if the parents let me. :angry:

I did like spending my money when I had it but its all been spent on my tank :lol:

Get used to it mate!

You'll never have green when you go marine! :lol:

Never a truer word spoken mate :lol: 3/4 months in and its scary when you add up what you have spent.. i am close to £1000 and if you add tank cost and rock its more like £1300 and still going :no: us salties need a marine's anonymous :ninja:

Get used to it mate!

You'll never have green when you go marine! :lol:

Never a truer word spoken mate :lol: 3/4 months in and its scary when you add up what you have spent.. i am close to £1000 and if you add tank cost and rock its more like £1300 and still going :no: us salties need a marine's anonymous :ninja:

You think thats bad my 60l has hit £500 and with the upgrade ontop more like £650 :crazy:

I spent yesterday removing it from the back panel of my nano - not going to let it take hold on the 5fter!

Most reactions

Back