Yay - Flowerhorn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

King Kongs was sold so got him a Stunning Pollini and a few 6 Inch Female Cons.
Will See what he pairs up with.

As in tilapia? They cant hybridise. I wouldnt have thought a con possible either purely for size difference.

Oh I thought they could. Oh well they are stunning and will make a nice addition.

they do have some Jack Dempsey, Salvini, Tbar, Jade Eye, Huge 6Inch Jewels, And some others i Forget.
Would any of those do - or wouild i be best giving him a female parrot.

Very doubtful and with the jewel its not possible. The only one that might would would be the salvini. I have seen tbar/fh cross but it was a large male tbar and small female fh. Better off with a parrot/texas/midas/syn or other large related cichlid.

Thanks

I have asked my friend to get me in some larger parrots

Syn - you mean Synysilliums - they can hybridise with him ====== cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i know where i can get some of those beuts.

King Kongs was sold so got him a Stunning Pollini and a few 6 Inch Female Cons.
Will See what he pairs up with.

As in tilapia? They cant hybridise. I wouldnt have thought a con possible either purely for size difference.

Oh I thought they could. Oh well they are stunning and will make a nice addition.

they do have some Jack Dempsey, Salvini, Tbar, Jade Eye, Huge 6Inch Jewels, And some others i Forget.
Would any of those do - or wouild i be best giving him a female parrot.

Very doubtful and with the jewel its not possible. The only one that might would would be the salvini. I have seen tbar/fh cross but it was a large male tbar and small female fh. Better off with a parrot/texas/midas/syn or other large related cichlid.

Thanks

I have asked my friend to get me in some larger parrots

Syn - you mean Synysilliums - they can hybridise with him ====== cooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool i know where i can get some of those beuts.

Yup they sure can, I have 2 lovely KK parrot x Synspilium (their father was recently killed by my evil red texas though :( )

Thanks T

They are gonna be awesome, ohh Tbar @ 2quid each breeding size - good price for them ?

Thanks T

They are gonna be awesome, ohh Tbar @ 2quid each breeding size - good price for them ?

Yeh defo, send me some :hyper:

will do, the guy is clearing out his tanks for new species i am getting 50 for a fiver. picking them up on wednesday
you want me to send them with the Galaxies, or seperate.

DSC_0003-7.jpg

DSC_0005-6.jpg

I Wub his Fat Fat Face

DSC_0019-6.jpg

DSC_0020-4.jpg

DSC_0022-6.jpg

DSC_0023-4.jpg

DSC_0024-3.jpg

wow rally nice looking i wish i had a tank beg enough for one... maybe someday

wow rally nice looking i wish i had a tank beg enough for one... maybe someday

Thanks Mate, Yeah i Love this big tank. Everyone who comes over stares into it asking whats that fish, whats that fish, whats that fish over and over again.
they all love petting crabby as he is soooo friendly. Big Lugg.

I hate to say it but it does look a bit awkward for a fish that size to move around in there with such dense planting, still, looks good.

Yeah its just deceptive, he has nearly 100 g in that section alone
2qd35lx.jpg

I have a nice flowerhorn, unfortunately however, it did go through the crazy practice of having cosmetic surgery, to make it into a heartshaped flowerhorn.

Here is a vid of my tank, with him in it, the colours unfortunatley do not come out in the vid, but shows you the heartshape.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLGa8d9L1SY

Gill...

your flowerhorn is for sale on ebay???????????????

u just got him???

plus your description on there makes it sound like you have owned him for years!!

Gill...

your flowerhorn is for sale on ebay? ???? ???? ???? ??

u just got him???

plus your description on there makes it sound like you have owned him for years!!

Yeah I had him on there to get a feel for any breeders who had females of his size. So far have had a few feelers of local people who have females gig enough to breed with him, and a few people coming over next week to view him for studding.
Never selling him as the Rents and Wife love him and his goofy Face.

Ebay Listing worked the way i wanted it to.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back