Yay - Flowerhorn

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Gill

Store Manager Coalville Aquatics
Reaction score
So last night i went to pick up the new Flowerhorn who will be living the 5*3*2.

He was Alllllllllllllllllllllooooooooooooooootttttttttttttt Bigger than i expected - but is going to be Stunning once he has settled down, and i have him eating on my foods.

he is over 20Inches and has a Mahooooosive Kok and his colors are just what i was Looking for, willtake pix of him Later once he is settled.

If Anyone Knows where i can get a decent Female for him,
Rose Queen,
Parrot,
Flowerhorn
Red Texas
Etc.
Let me know, if not i will buy him one from Aquabid.

...and has a Mahooooosive Kok...

I'm sure that's a technical term, but I have to say that made me laugh :lol: :rolleyes:

Dirty Mind you

Ok Heres Some Pix.

I used the Washing basket as its really good for big fish.
All the little fish swim in and look at him and then i can also see how he reacts to them.
He has been fine and has colored up to an amazing Color.
He is a Big Softy and his Name Is CrabHead - previuos Owners NAme.

He Likes to watch the Simpsons - They have a 10*8 projection screen and he loves to watch Cartoons. Which is good as he can see the TV from the Consevatory. He can also see us not matter what room we are in downstairs as he sees the cooker from the tank and was dancing to my mum cooking earlier.

The Basket is over 2feet in length so it shows how Big He Is.

He has not eaten yet, but that will change with time and some TLC from Me.

DSC_0001-2.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0011-3.jpg

DSC_0012-4.jpg

DSC_0013-3.jpg

DSC_0014-4.jpg

DSC_0015-4.jpg

DSC_0017-1.jpg

DSC_0018-2.jpg

DSC_0019-4.jpg

i want a flowerhorn so bad!!!

where did you get him? how do you get one on aquabid? i thought about it but didnt know the laws etc on importing fish to the uk?

please help!! i would drive the length of the uk to get one, im mad about them but have never seen one in the flesh before!!!

i want a flowerhorn so bad!!!

where did you get him? how do you get one on aquabid? i thought about it but didnt know the laws etc on importing fish to the uk?

please help!! i would drive the length of the uk to get one, im mad about them but have never seen one in the flesh before!!!

I found him on Aquarist Classifieds and just searched by County. There are so many people giving away fish n there.
I paid nothing for him, but felt bad taking him for free so gae the owner a tenner. when we both knew he is worth over 150 easy.

Ok Aquabid,

I buy fish and shrimp from there all the time.

its so easy, but a hassle the 1st time you use it.
like ebay you go by the farms rating, the more +'s the better. and there should beno difference between the number of fish sold to the rating value. e.g sold 222 but rating is only 200. would not touch that person.

ok now for the important bit.
you see the flowerhorn you like, check the listing to see if they ship internationally to the UK and everywhere else.
if they state please email for european deliveries then do so - it usually means they have to ship thru a transhipper like KGBETTAS for instance. who recieves the fish in the UK and checks them before sending on to you.

Alot of the Farms are able to send direct to you.As they have the direct export licence. email them and ask. it does not hurt and you will always get a great response as they want uk customers to spread the word.

i am looking at some females and am waiting to hear back to see if they can ship direct to me.

now once you win something - only ever send them the money via western union, safest way IMHO and IME.
they recieve the payment within 15 mins and from the receiving and You receiving your Flowerhorn, should be no more than 4 days in total.

last time i bought any fish i paid on the sunday and they arrived on the tursday AM post.

HTH
Pardeep

Why did the owner no longer want him? Hi is georgous! And Really BIG! Nice!

he switched to Malawis and he had been eating them. he was in a 3*3*3 cube and was constantly being nibbled.

Get him a female parrot.

Thats what i was thinking, i might be able to get a 12 inch King Kong but need to haggle on the Price.

King Kongs was sold so got him a Stunning Pollini and a few 6 Inch Female Cons.
Will See what he pairs up with.

As in tilapia? They cant hybridise. I wouldnt have thought a con possible either purely for size difference.

As in tilapia? They cant hybridise. I wouldnt have thought a con possible either purely for size difference.

Oh I thought they could. Oh well they are stunning and will make a nice addition.

they do have some Jack Dempsey, Salvini, Tbar, Jade Eye, Huge 6Inch Jewels, And some others i Forget.
Would any of those do - or wouild i be best giving him a female parrot.

Oh I thought they could. Oh well they are stunning and will make a nice addition.

they do have some Jack Dempsey, Salvini, Tbar, Jade Eye, Huge 6Inch Jewels, And some others i Forget.
Would any of those do - or wouild i be best giving him a female parrot.

Very doubtful and with the jewel its not possible. The only one that might would would be the salvini. I have seen tbar/fh cross but it was a large male tbar and small female fh. Better off with a parrot/texas/midas/syn or other large related cichlid.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back