Would this stocking be compatible?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

The problem is, is that I have to dose co2. In order to keep my aquarium balanced, I have to. With strong lights, that are just about equivalent to a Kessil Amazon Sun, (I am pretty sure) I need to, to prevent algae outbreaks. Now I could limit my lighting to 6 hours a day, but that's illogical. Is there anyway I could prevent co2 poisoning? For example, only dose during the day, moderately, maintaining about 15ppm or mg/L. To maintain this, I must account for surface disruption, fish respiration, and fish food, correct? This would also lower my pH, making it slightly acidic, as my tap is neutral. Would my pH swing, and if so, could it disturb, or even kill the fish?
Thanks, Hyr. You've been a great help! EDIT: It's also possible I may not have to dose co2. This all depends on my water parameters after I setup the tank. I just want to maintain a sufficient mg/L of various nutrients.

I cannot really answer this either. I have attempted to explain how all of this works together, and I believe I mentioned somewhere along the way that it is advisable to begin with the lighting and then aim to balance that, since light is what drives photosynthesis. But again you must consider first the fish, if these are still intended.

I normally don't do this and I am not trying to be rude or get rid of you so please dont misunderstand but if you want to go with CO2 and EI ferts in other words High tech I think you should join www.plantedtank.net/ there are a lot of knowledgeable people there when it comes to that.

I was a member there for a while its a great site but they are mostly all about plants and fish are just a source of ammonia.

My fish are my pets and I set my tanks up around them, the plants are there to service my fish's needs.

I normally don't do this and I am not trying to be rude or get rid of you so please dont misunderstand but if you want to go with CO2 and EI ferts in other words High tech I think you should join www.plantedtank.net/ there are a lot of knowledgeable people there when it comes to that.

I was a member there for a while its a great site but they are mostly all about plants and fish are just a source of ammonia.

My fish are my pets and I set my tanks up around them, the plants are there to service my fish's needs.
I'm already a part of that forum. I just find people here a lot more kind and helpful..I'll take my more technical questions elsewhere.

Most reactions

trending

Back