would mollies like some cucumber?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Cut the hard outer skin off the cucumber, and either a. put it in some boiling water from the kettle for 10mins or put it in a cup in some water and microwave it for a couple of minutes. Take the cucumber out and put it in some cold water in the fridge until it has cooled down and then take it out, mash it up slightly and feed it to your mollys. If you have any plecs or similar algae eating fish they will realy, realy love cucumber done this way. :nod:

i gave it to them raw last nite my CAE has eaten most in one tank the mollies have made a big hole in the middle and the apple snails have eaten it all, is this bad for them raw??

Its not bad for them raw at all but when it has been slightly cooked they find it easier to munch it off :)

It shouldn't but if there is still some left after an hour or so I'd take it out and throw it away so it doesn't rot away at the bottom.

i usually weight it down an thrown it in after lights out then take it out and throw it away when mornin comes :p

ps i never cook it and my fish are fine!

what do you guys use to weight it down ??? i used a couple of rocks but then it was a mess because the cucumber floated after a couple of mins and it splashed a bit :p

plant weights... cut them up and shove a weight through the cucumber :p if you buy plants from petsmart they should come with some weights on the bottom or you can ask for some :p or i can give you some!

daudy_dojo said:
plant weights... cut them up and shove a weight through the cucumber :p if you buy plants from petsmart they should come with some weights on the bottom or you can ask for some :p or i can give you some!
thanks I'll see if I find some at the LPS, I wish you could give me some instead, but I guess we are a "little" far away from eachother for that, heheheh :)

I know the post is old but the guy that says the tank isn’t big enough if they don’t have the space to reach full size they don’t grow like that

Most reactions

Back