Would 2 Dwarf Gouramis be compatible together?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

male and a female are fine

female and female 'have disgreements' (i dont think they fiht to death)

male and male make each others lives a misery

why not just get one?

Hi Kinhan :)

It depends on the size of your tank and whether you have plants or other escape routes.

Gourami males frequently get along quite well when they are the only gouramis in the tank. Even if they don't they seldom do any damage. They never fight "to the death," like their betta relatives. :no:

How big is your tank? What other fish are in it? :unsure:

I have two dwarfs that are both males and they get along fine.
They are really good together and seem to be very happy so far.
Deb

It is only 30 Litres, I have one dwarf gourami in it, and a gold gourami atm, but the gold gourami is way too big now, i will haev to give him away. So i was thining of getting a smaller dwarf gourami to replace him.

i have a raimbow shark, 5 neons and 3 flame tetras alongside them.

Hi Kinhan :)

It's worth a try, if you can find a home for your gold gourami. :nod:

The golds are a color variation of the blue gouramis which are generally considered the most aggressive of the gouramis. So that could be a problem, right there. Also, gouramis, I have seen, seem to vary in personality with some of them being quite meek :X and others being quite pushy. :grr:

Good luck and let us know how it works out with the new gourami. :thumbs:

i don't know, a 30 liter tank is a bit small for two dwarfs. the males can be very territorial. even if you found a female to go with your male, there isn't much room in there, especially with the other fish. its not big enough to allow the males to hide from one another/avoid each other. you'd need a bigger tank and tons of plants/places to hide. you could try it, you might just luck out and find yourself with two passive males, but i wouldn't recommend it, especially with the other tank mates...................

what is 30l in gallons? if it is around 20 gallons you should be fine with 2 males. I got a male flame dwarf gourami about 2 weeks ago then just yesterday I got a new male neon blue dwarf gourami and he is slightly bigger than my other one. And they are absolutley fine together. Actually I think getting my new gouami kinda helped my tank because my flame gourami was kinda chasin my other fish a little bit (but no nipping probably just havin some fun) and now I think the new male and the new cories are a distraction to him. HTH :thumbs:

Kinhan, as mentioned above it all depends on your tank size as they are territorial to some extent. If your tank is like 9gal. it might be a bit small for two males, I would try to find a female instead.

ok sorry but I dont think it would work out but once you get 20+ us gallons you would be fine!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back