Worms in the filter

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rvm

Fish Herder
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a garden pond, it has been set up a bit over a month now, and in his filter there are thousands of these little worm guys. They are all over the sponge, and in the pipes flowing back out in to the pond. They are about 1cm long.
Does anyone know what they are, and if so, can I feed them to tropical fish? or should we just get rid of them, and how if we should?

Many thanks

worms.JPG

worms1.JPG

There was a similar post a while back, I am not sure weather the posted discovered what they were but it may be worth having a look. At first I thought they might be Black Fly Larve or Planaria but I am not so sure....... :)

If there like minature earth worms then yes deffinately put them on the menu, i picked a good load out my filter for my fry yesterday.

if not i'm not too sure.....

beat me to it then ryan!!

the guy before found them at his waterwall and they were in litle V shaped cases, I can't rember what he decided to do.

there are some flys in the filter as well, so I presume they are some kind of lava. There are thousands of the worms though!!! I presume they won't do any harm to the filter though???
Bloodworm are just a lava anyway, so I would've thought they'd be safe to feed to my tropicals. What do you reckon??

I shouldn't think they will do any harm. You could feed them to the pond fish but I wouldnn't feed them to tropicals. :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back