Worlds Smallest Brackish Tank

I think this is a great idea :good:

But..may I ask a favor..you write up a little guide to making your filter? :blush:

I am suprised my mini tank works as well as it does. Have not touched it a few days. I got the idea for my tank looking at "palm tanks". They only had plants and looked very difficult to maintain. There is a reason no one else has made a successful palm tank, it is nearly impossible. I am starting to question the purpose of my tank. It is tiny looks neat and thats about it. It looks awsome when the starfish are out, otherthan that it is pretty barren.

Edit: Oh yea about the filter. It is basically like a sponge filter made out of a fish food container. It normally would be worthless but this tank uses a standard size air pump. There is a lot of turbulance. The starfish are about the only critters that can take that much current. I am currently working on some more competant air driven filters.

Just out of curiosity - what are you feeding the tank? And if so, how often?

I know those tiny brittle stars tend to be detrivores, and by not introducing any new food to the tank, you're helping to keep it stable, but since there is no light, no new food is being generated anywhere in the tank. If one of the stars dies, it will quickly pollute the water and cause a downward spiral.

I swap substrate with my big tank. I plan to do it every month, have not bothered yet. The organics produced by the mangrove seem to handle food for now. The Mangrove seedling is growing really fast. I will take it out this weekend.

Most reactions

Back