Wolffish

joshgarybarker

Reaction score
Can anyone help me find a wolffish i have a tropical tank all ready and set up and i cant find one anywhere i live in gravesend, kent anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

Can anyone help me find a wolffish i have a tropical tank all ready and set up and i cant find one anywhere i live in gravesend, kent anyone have any ideas?? Thanks.

Wolfish is quite a general? is there a particular species you are after as they can vary in size quite a bit?

Wildwoods (found on tropicalfishfinder) usually have a ery ery in every now and again, currently sold out atm though

There is also a Gold Wolf advertised on AC here

Wolfish is quite a general? is there a particular species you are after as they can vary in size quite a bit?

Wildwoods (found on tropicalfishfinder) usually have a ery ery in every now and again, currently sold out atm though

There is also a Gold Wolf advertised on AC here

Hi thanks for replying im just looking for a fairly small one to stock my empty 200 litres aquirum, i have looked them up on the internet and they seem prety good because i just had tetras in my aquriem for the last year and the got abit boring after a while so now im going for the opposite, if i cant get my hands on a tropical wolffish very easily is there any other exiting fish you can reccommend? thanks. :)

Hi thanks for replying im just looking for a fairly small one to stock my empty 200 litres aquirum, i have looked them up on the internet and they seem prety good because i just had tetras in my aquriem for the last year and the got abit boring after a while so now im going for the opposite, if i cant get my hands on a tropical wolffish very easily is there any other exiting fish you can reccommend? thanks. :)

In a 200L the only commonly seen Wolf that would be ideal would be a ery ery (Rainbow Wolf), They get to around 8" and will sometimes tolerate certain tankmates, plec or similar.

Similar to Wolffish are Snakeheads, There are a lot of dwarf species that you could keep a pair/group of in that tank and possibly even a few medium sized single specimens.
Channa assam, Channa ornatipinnis, channa Bankanensis, are just a few to mention

If you search through the forum you will find a lot more species and a lot of info on them.

Kind of OT but, do you have a good resource with pictures of all breeds of wolffish. I have a friend with one who cant identify the specific species.. thanks

Kyle

Kind of OT but, do you have a good resource with pictures of all breeds of wolffish. I have a friend with one who cant identify the specific species.. thanks

Kyle

Don't know one with images but his site gives you all of the species lists which can easily be copied and pasted into google images,
The most common in the UK seem to be

Rainbow or Hifin Wolffish - ery ery
erythrinus-erythrinus.jpg

Gold Wolffish - Hoplerythrinus unitaeniatus
S38705.jpg

Only bad thing i've heard about these is that they are pretty inactive, the ery ery one would be my pick of the bunch , look really nice and not to expensive.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back