Will Wooloworths Give Me A Refund ?

withington

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
will wooloworths give me a refund on neeed for speed carbon if i take it back??? i have got my reeseat but the celifane wrapping is off the case.

thanks alex

where should this topic go.???

They have to its part of your consumer rights.. if you have the receipt as proof of purchase they have to give you your money back.

Retail manager speaking... consumer rights state that to entitle you to your money back you must return the product as sold. I dont give refunds to anyone who opens sealed packs cos it often makes it unsellable. I spose you can always try it cos some managers are easier to get round than others :)

The only issue some stores have is with PC games. Game will allow returns on any console, but only an exchange on PC games, and only if the disk is faulty.

I guess it's something to do with copying and piracy. Pity as it's as easy to copy console games as it is for the PC. Possibly easier?

You may have a problem as the cellophane has been taken off and due to dvd's being easily copied these days they may not unless the disk itself is faulty. I know this is how it works in tesco's. Even with a faulty dvd in tesco's you normally only get a exchange for the same title.

You may have a problem as the cellophane has been taken off and due to dvd's being easily copied these days they may not unless the disk itself is faulty. I know this is how it works in tesco's. Even with a faulty dvd in tesco's you normally only get a exchange for the same title.

So, exchange it for same title - which will be wrapped in cellophane - then take it back a day later for a refund :)

Why dont you get a knife, scratch it and return it and say it was like that when i opened it. If they say we can only swap it. Either get another game or show thm the recpit and get money back.

I know this is late but I just took back a digital camera and expansion card that we had for 15 days, out of it's pack.

I told her it was rubbish, she said is it faulty? I said I didn't know I wasn't a camera repairer but we had tried and could not get a good picture out of it no matter what we did. It was £50 and the card was £20 but discounted to £10 as we bought it with the camera.

They said they would put the camera through as faulty even though we were outside the 14 day money back guarantee, and they were idling about the card but I explained that I wouldn't have bought the card if I hadn't bought the camera, and plus that, if they let me keep it, they would be giving away a £20 product for £10 and losing money - so the manager told the girl to book it through as damaged stock.

I thought they very good about it, I was really impressed with their service and although I can't write to head office incase they did something they shouldn't have - I might get them in to trouble, I think it's worth noting that people can be really reasonable when you stay cool, explain and remain polite.

I took my £60 straight to ARGOS and bought a digital camer + printer for £90 which is superb! The £50 one was just junk. It was a £100 camera on a half price offer, but it was no good for anything. I am greatful to Woolworths.

Most reactions

Back