Will Plecos Eat Eggs

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

jurme

Reaction score
if my convicts were to breed in a tank with a nearly full grown pleco would the eggs get eatin? would the even mate with the pleco in the tank?

Your convicts would breed no problem at all, although if the tank is not large enough the pleco will be harrassed relentlessly every time it gets too near the babies. It could sustain considerable damage.

if my convicts were to breed in a tank with a nearly full grown pleco would the eggs get eatin? would the even mate with the pleco in the tank?

there is a good chance the eggs would get eaten. and NO, convicts wont mate with plecos.

there is a good chance the eggs would get eaten. and NO, convicts wont mate with plecos.

Bob he means will the presence of the pleco stop them from breeding, not cross breeding. I think )

The pleco will happily eat as many eggs he can, they love them, even with the parents defending their babies!!!

Bob he means will the presence of the pleco stop them from breeding, not cross breeding. I think )

The pleco will happily eat as many eggs he can, they love them, even with the parents defending their babies!!!

oops :blush: . "mate with the pleco in the tank" got me. i really did think that was what the OP meant. no offence to the
OP. but you do see some strange questions, sometimes. lol, to answer the question, i cant see it stopping them. though space and floor area may cause problems. my common ignored two furious angels, to dine on their eggs.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back