Will Parrot Fish Attack Discus?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

olly1

Reaction score
Hello! My first question on the forum so here it goes! I am interested in attempting to house 2 discus with my parrots, one is around 4 inches and the other about 3! They get on well with large angels but i'm interested if they would suit living with discus?? My tank will house them happilily and all my other fish are loaches and cat fish. Any help would be greatly appreciated :) Olly

I've never kepet discus but this is what i think.

Parrots are a bully fish, even dosile fish are still bullies at times, the only way you would do this is to keep the discus first then once setteled add small parrots, to try to introduce discus into a parrot tank they will surly be killed through stress i would think.

I've never kepet discus but this is what i think.

Parrots are a bully fish, even dosile fish are still bullies at times, the only way you would do this is to keep the discus first then once setteled add small parrots, to try to introduce discus into a parrot tank they will surly be killed through stress i would think.

Even then, the parrots would still bully. I dont think this is a good idea. I wouldnt do it.

Thanks alot everyone your advice has helped alot as i was considering buying some discus tommorow! I was unsure to be honest anyway! Thank you.
Olly

Are you going to buy them or no? In case you are still wondering, I would say no, as parrots (I assume you mean the hybrid parrot) will likely put too much stress on the discus.

Ryan

Are you going to buy them or no? In case you are still wondering, I would say no, as parrots (I assume you mean the hybrid parrot) will likely put too much stress on the discus.

Ryan
i agree. hoplarchus on the other hand...that could work!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back