Will My Hitch Hiker Kill Me?

alittlefishy

Reaction score
ok so I just started my salt water aquarium, and I have a hitch hiker snail with a pinkish and whit striped shell and its kina cone shaped but its tiny, like a cm or so, and im completely freaked out that it might be a baby cone snail, do they often come on live rock?

ok so I just started my salt water aquarium, and I have a hitch hiker snail with a pinkish and whit striped shell and its kina cone shaped but its tiny, like a cm or so, and im completely freaked out that it might be a baby cone snail, do they often come on live rock?
Sorry I can't help but here is a free bump for you.

No it shouldn't kill you. There are hitchikers that can seriously hurt or maybe even kill you though. I don't know of any snails that can. Pics would help to id it though.

The only problem is that I have no digital camera and now I cant find it, but I researched them and when they are adults they can kill humans, I was just wondering if anyone else had a snail like this one and if so what did it end up looking like? I think its too small now to properly id. I would rather not kill anything if its not neccesary.

Its very unlikely to cause any problems what so ever. There are a few hithikers you have to watch out for such as nudibranch, which eat things like zoos and so have the same poison magnified in their system, as long as you dont handle them you will be fine, and NEVER SQUASH THEM WITH A BARE FINGER!! lol as some people have done in the past only to collapse in a heap some time later..lol If in doubt DONT TOUCH IT! post pics and get Ids first.

Most reactions

Back