will guppies breed well with peacocks.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

pov

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have had guppies in with my mbuna fish for some time though they don't have more then two or three baby fish . That's all I want in it or the mbuna might get a bit much. I would like to know about more peacefull larger fish like peacock chiclids and how that effects them , I have heaps off shallow ponds around the top of the tank for them to give birth lots moss baby tears ect. With just guppies they breed well .i have the odd molly an platy amongst them too.

Your cichlids will be eating the baby guppies and they might end up eating the adult guppies too.

I would not keep livebearers with African Rift Lake cichlids because livebearers are too peaceful and the cichlids are too agro.

Agreed, the only live bearers that might possibly work would be Gambusia, Aka Mosquito fish, being pretty aggressive for their size themselves.

Even then, I would consider it high risk, in this case possibly for the cichlids as well.

they are actually considered a pest over here in Australia they are a danger to our fish population. I havnt seen a small fish from africa that would suit a chiclid aquarium yet ,well in my mind. there is a type of minnow but they are more like sardines and live mass swarms and swim rather then poke around.
I agree with not having them in with my chiclids anyway although my venustus chiclids like to eat small fish!!
and for the record the other chiclids never ate any guppies atall not even a bit except the males they didn't last a night I think it was there mating dance they do however kill the fry but only when I put them in the tank with a few brine shrimp. it,s just food to them then.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back