Wilds

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Joby, crazy busy,baby!!

Sue, they are in a community tank of their own. There's no way I can set up another tank for only three adults, only for them to spawn in there too. The only other communities I have are cichlids :look:

They're outta here! If anybody wants them, make me a reasonable offer. I paid 20.00 but I'm willing to take a wee bit of a loss.

Yeah I meant a general multi-species community. Cichlid (other than NW dwarfs) won't work :hyper: and single species would soon get full :fun: :eek: :hyper: it seems.

I would love them in one of my multi-species communities, but it would be unfair to someone who wants to breed them.

I had a tank of frontosa, but I just cleared them out last week to set up a reef tank. Otherwise I keep a tank with a pair of kribs and their bajillions of children and some small synos and mollies w/tons of children (anybody want some kribs or mexican mollies?) Then I have a red devil in a tank, and a midas in another. Theeen I have a tank with my L200's in it. The mahachai would go well in there as the water is very acidic... except for the salt factor. Salt's a no-no for my greenies plus the filtration in that tank is harsh, so, as you can see I really have no place for them. I think they might have a taker already though! :nod:

They live at the lfs in a 500 gallon display :nod:

Update on the mahachai, mainly because I want to share these beautiful pics. I pulled them and put them in a 5 before I sent them off and one male spawned again while the other waited patiently below his nest for his turn, doh! So I pulled the leftover male and the female and jarred them, much to their misery.

That male put his nest right up front though, and since he's so laid back Ive been taking pics like crazy. My favorite...
Waiting..
d9fcd840.jpg

I wanted to catch the eggs AS they hatched but I was too late, it's started..
f1ce251f.jpg

I need to work on my macro shots, but I like this one anyway.
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y26/Kelly579/854305ec.jpg

So, another batch of babes :S

That second pic is just perfect, gah! Look at his sweet little face :wub:

....Nya nya guys, I got to see them in person this weekend :p

Synirr, I love,love,love the adoptarino babies!! I have pics of three, I need to get a good shot of #4. They're so itty bitty :wub: :hyper: I get a little heart flippity flop when I see them, I always think of Mini :wub:

You guys should see how many FRY have hatched out of that nest. Just 100's hanging there. I'll edit in a pic from last night after I play checkers with Tuesday. Gah, so many mahachai! Even though at first I was like "not again!" ...I'm still excited watching their daddy. A good betta parent is always thrilling.

EDIT
mahac55.jpg

:wub:

Congratulations,
How exciting must that be- better than waiting a few weeks/months for them i bet!

Most reactions

Back