Wierd Yellow-Tailed Blue Damsel

parkerdt

Reaction score
I have a Yellow-Tailed Blue Damsel that was placed in my 30-gallon about a week ago. I had intended this tank to be a little more "agressive" than my show tank; it also currently houses a Lawnmower blenny a Peppermint shrimp and an Emerald crab, with various snails and hermits.

I realize there are at least 3 types of fish that are commonly called Yellow-Tailed Blue Damsels, from the pictures I've been able to see mine is the Pail-Tailed Chromis variety.

This fish has dug a huge cave under on of the rocks in the tank and rarely ventures out. He seems to feed ok, but he does it behind the rock, as food drifts toward him. He's willing to share the cave with the blenny, although eventually one or the other of them gets chased out.

From what I have read, and what I have seen with my Green chromis, I had expected this fish to be a LOT more gregarious, so I'm puzzled by his behaviour. There are days I have to look extremely hard to even catch a reflection of him.

Thoughts?

Dave

Apparently, he was just lonely! I have goten a Maroon clown for that tank, and the two of them are happily schooling around, now.

Dave

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back