Why Won't My Texas Breed With My Pink Convict?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ogrt48

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a female convict and male texas cichlid. For the past 2 weeks they have been great buds. I had to remove some fsh they grew to hate and pick on. The past week they spent rearranging the gravel in my tank together. Taking mouthfulls of gravel and spitting it elsewhere. I have a good side of my tank that is now just bare glass bottom. Well , right now they're in the middle of the tank looking at each other face to dace charging back and force but not really touching, they might be what looks like touching lips every now ad then but thats its . Then they just circle each other in a fast but not violent manner. After a bit the female goes to the cleared area of the tank they made and completely lays on her side then flops around on the ground.. wtf? :lol:
They male just does what looks like he is lunging at her when shes on her side, but thy never actually mate, atleast I think they dont.

Try adding more places for them to lay eggs on, use dark surfaces to see eggs better too. add slate, and possibly a clay pot if it works, just give them options, and eventually they will, give them a week or so :D

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back