Whodunit?

johnnyjtaylor

Fishaholic
Reaction score
It suddenly occurred to me that I haven't seen my Skunk Cleaners for a while, so I looked hard into the tank and sure enough no sign of them :unsure: I think I need Hercule Poirot or maybe atleast Scooby and Shaggy to solve the case!!
The last picture I took of my tank was taken mid June and there they are large as life. Now I've had them for nearly two years and they were fully grown when I got them so I couldn't say how old they were, but it seems highly improbable that two would succumb to old age at the same time, this leaves tank conditions (which are fine,all params are cool and refractometer and ph meter are correctly calibrated) or MURDER!!!!!!
The suspects:
Bangaii Cardinals
Percular Clowns
Firefish
Flame Angel
Six Line Wrasse
Emerald Crab
Red Leg Hermits
Bristle Worms
Snails
Ok so it doesn't take much working out to say its either the Emerald Crab or the Six Line Wrasse but then my Emerald Crab is only about 3/4 of an inch across and I've never seen the wrasse be aggressive toward anything except the clowns and thats only when they try to go for him. A mystery...........................................................

you may have a predator in there you dont know about, another crab maybe.
They could of course be shedding thier skins so they normally go into hiding when they do this and dont come out for a few days

you may have a predator in there you dont know about, another crab maybe.
They could of course be shedding thier skins so they normally go into hiding when they do this and dont come out for a few days

If only it were that simple!! When I say gone I mean gone.

The sixline would be my guess from that list... Especially if he's been in the tank for some time. They can get shrimp hungry on occasion.

Yeah thats what I figured Ski bet he got them after they moulted and were vulnerable. He has that butter wouldn't melt in his mouth look aswell, the little bugger. Oh well looks like I'll be running shrimp free then :sad:

Most reactions

Back