Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I am undicided!

• I have never seen one!

• Total voters
beautiful fish but i agree with cheese. most people who have them shouldnt :(

must be one of the most abused fish there is

whenever i walk in mine slowly rises from behind the castle with its cute little mouth opening and closing as if it was a koi :wub: :wub: :D :D :rofl: :rofl:

i agree with cheese too

Balas are nice fish, but unless given the right amount of space, they will be stunted

my brother has 1 in his tank, its really ugly

Hi All,

I have a soft spot for the "shark" looking fish. Now with saying that I could never own a Bala Shark(even though I adore them) because I could not give them the proper living space they(they should be kept in at least groups of three) deserve...no room for a giant tank.

I love my two Bala's, the only thing i can fault them on is that they are very nervous and when i come home and do my customary check of the tanks i have to approach them with care but after that they are fine, i think its because there is nobody at home all day.

I find them quite boring on their own, but a large school of them are nice to watch. As people have said you need a large tank for that, they are less skittish in a large group from what I have seen too :thumbs:

I love all 3 of my bala's........They are definately a beautiful species of fish......as mentioned right now I have them in my 55 gallon, which is the absolute minimum size tank for them.......two of them are babies right now though both under 2 inches.....I plan on getting a much larger tank within a few months.

Nidge Posted on May 17 2004, 12:10 PM
I love my two Bala's, the only thing i can fault them on is that they are very nervous and when i come home and do my customary check of the tanks i have to approach them with care but after that they are fine, i think its because there is nobody at home all day.

I too feel that is one of their flaws......I noticed though that if I turn on the living light, then wait 15 minutes then turn on one side of the tank lights then wait another 15 minutes then turn on the other side, they are alot less skidish! As you had mentioned noone is home all day at my house either, and because they don't have eyelids, I believe they are sleeping and get startled just like anyone else when woken up suddenly.

Sorry so long but I love my balas and I love talking with other bala lovers!

Most reactions

Back