Who Has A Spotted Raphael Catfish

Avinitlarge

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have a Spotted Raphael Catfish. Ive had it for about 4 years. I NEVER see it as it only comes out when there is no light source what so ever. That isnt the problem, My problem is its hiding place. It lives in a castle in my tank, I want to get rid of the castle but still want the catfish to feel secure. I know people will suggest ideas but I really could do with ideas from people that actually have a Spotted Raphael Catfish.

Thank you please

I have a Spotted Raphael Catfish. Ive had it for about 4 years. I NEVER see it as it only comes out when there is no light source what so ever. That isnt the problem, My problem is its hiding place. It lives in a castle in my tank, I want to get rid of the castle but still want the catfish to feel secure. I know people will suggest ideas but I really could do with ideas from people that actually have a Spotted Raphael Catfish.

Thank you please

I have 4 Spotted Raphael Catfish,I don't see them very much but more than what you describe,maybe because I have a group or maybe it's the plants and shade that provides(not sure if you have plants/how many).They prefer wood hiding places over rock/ornaments,something with a hole for them to go in to or a piece that can be arranged so that it forms a cave underneath.They also like it tight quarters,they'd rather squeeze in than have something to roomy.If you need to get him out of the old home when you change over hold back on feeding for a few days then feed at lights out.Gets mine out every time.....hopefully works for you.Snatch out the old and in with the new,the little porker will find his/her new home with-in the hour.

Thank you please
dude i had the same problem exactly. no joke. but what you could do is takethe castle out and make a cave out of large rocks.

I;ve had one for a few months didn;t even know it was still alive till i saw it dive from his home and snatch a white bait the other day

I dont hav the Spotted Raphael Catfish but I have the Striped Raphael Catfish and they seem to have the same personalities. Same thing with me but the reason why i was getting rid of the ornament was because I think he was stuck and inside the ornament there were too many pointy edges like a tooth pick but a bit more blunt. I would have never put that it in or at least grinded the sharp edges if I had known. Even when I took out the castle ornament upside down he wouldn't drop like he used to he just stayed there as he was actually stuck in there :crazy: poor fella. So I had to take him out an earbud as the ornament was quite long and he was right at the back. Eventually I got him out and with no visible injury's. AT the moment my tank is filled up with malawi rock from back to sides but also have a cave on the right hand side. Why dont you try something like bogwood where he can sit under that will work :thumbs:

Most reactions

Back