Who Do You Support ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

liverpool all the way. was born nearby and my cousin bought me a liverpool scarf for a birthday prezzie so i just started supporting them and now quite a big fan. my dads an arsenal supporter and is disapointed in me :rolleyes: awell, my choice :p

Man Utd fan and a very happy one#

Born in manchester and family all from there and been a fan since I was young and 85 cup final my first memory!!

I live on merseyside and everyone I know is a Lpoolfan almost, its been a great season and the banters been spot on........although its gone very quiet!!1 lol

Overall I'm a happy Liverpool fan. I know it could have been better had we not drawn all those games in January etc, but it could also have been much worse. I thought we'd finish higher than last year, 3rd at least, possibly 2nd and if luck went our way then we could take top spot and I was right.

There's no shame in finishing 2nd this season, although I would rather it had been to Chelsea, Arsenal, Hull or anyone but united ;) The squad is improving and had Torres been fit for more games then I'm sure we'd have won.

This according to Sir Alex Ferguson is his best ever team and we've pushed them to the end, despite being described as a one man team with only one world class player in Torres. So if the best manager in the business with the best team he's ever had can be pushed this far by a team missing it's best player for half of the season I think we've done well.

United already have the same points they got last year so it's not been a poor season for them as I heard said recently. Liverpool have scored the most goals in the league so far, we've conceded less than last year, we've already got 4 points more than last year and 2 games to go (well 1 1/2). If we can get another striker for next season and a few tweaks to the squad players, I think we'll be looking much better.

Arfie

did you see the Hillsborough commemoration match (legends Vs all stars). I love watching the old proffesionals, Sherringham still got it in him though, what a goal!

Overall I'm a happy Liverpool fan. I know it could have been better had we not drawn all those games in January etc, but it could also have been much worse. I thought we'd finish higher than last year, 3rd at least, possibly 2nd and if luck went our way then we could take top spot and I was right.

There's no shame in finishing 2nd this season, although I would rather it had been to Chelsea, Arsenal, Hull or anyone but united ;) The squad is improving and had Torres been fit for more games then I'm sure we'd have won.

This according to Sir Alex Ferguson is his best ever team and we've pushed them to the end, despite being described as a one man team with only one world class player in Torres. So if the best manager in the business with the best team he's ever had can be pushed this far by a team missing it's best player for half of the season I think we've done well.

United already have the same points they got last year so it's not been a poor season for them as I heard said recently. Liverpool have scored the most goals in the league so far, we've conceded less than last year, we've already got 4 points more than last year and 2 games to go (well 1 1/2). If we can get another striker for next season and a few tweaks to the squad players, I think we'll be looking much better.

Arfie

as a manc living in Merseyside, next years oing to be a belter. now its sealed its been a great league and with both clubs likely to strengthen and you lot having torres fit all season should be fun!!!

Arfie

I agree with everything said there. We definitely need a decent strike partner for torres. Rumours of Tevez signing, id take him anyday. Although when it comes to the transfer market, i dont think that is one of benitez strong points, ok we signed torres, but talks of alonso supposodely on his way out, and Barry to replace him :blink: i personally, think Gareth Barry is overated. Another experienced striker, few tweeks as you stated and we should be flying. And if torres can stay fit all season then that would be some joy too. If we can get another striker and decent midfielder incase alonso is on his way out or even if he stays, but gets injured or whatever. The replacement for Alonso atm is Lucas :( who in my opinion, needs to go, and go very far away. We need to stop buying the no marks, and start bringing in the experienced big boys who.

United already have the same points they got last year so it's not been a poor season for them as I heard said recently. Liverpool have scored the most goals in the league so far, we've conceded less than last year, we've already got 4 points more than last year and 2 games to go (well 1 1/2).

Arfie

as a manc living in Merseyside, next years oing to be a belter. now its sealed its been a great league and with both clubs likely to strengthen and you lot having torres fit all season should be fun!!!

Indeed :hey:

I am a tottenham (ducks for the abuse) and mk dons fan

A lot of my family lived in teh road by white hart lane for many years

mk dons is my hometeam which i can see regulary.

I agree with everything said there. We definitely need a decent strike partner for torres. Rumours of Tevez signing, id take him anyday. Although when it comes to the transfer market, i dont think that is one of benitez strong points, ok we signed torres, but talks of alonso supposodely on his way out, and Barry to replace him :blink: i personally, think Gareth Barry is overated. Another experienced striker, few tweeks as you stated and we should be flying. And if torres can stay fit all season then that would be some joy too. If we can get another striker and decent midfielder incase alonso is on his way out or even if he stays, but gets injured or whatever. The replacement for Alonso atm is Lucas :( who in my opinion, needs to go, and go very far away. We need to stop buying the no marks, and start bringing in the experienced big boys who.

I said last year that I would prefer to keep Alonso over Barry especially at £18m, but the talk is that with only 1 year left on his contract he'd be about £8m now and there would be no reason to sell Alonso to fund the purchase. I don't think Lucas is a bad player, OK he's made arrors, but he's still young and not getting a regular run of games, but don't foget the lad is a full international in the middle of the park for Brazil, he's no mug. Having said that, if we get Barry then he'd be a much better player to use in rotation for Masherano, Alonso or Gerrard and he can play left wing or left back if needed. I'd bet Rafa would not lose money on Lucas if he sold him he'd get at least the £5m paid back.

Rafa has had to keep experimenting with cheaper players for 2 reasons, unlike Ferguson and Wenger, he's had to rebuild a whole squad, not just the team, the whole squad and hasn't had enough cash to buy expensive players. Ferguson can buy a £12-15m player to sit on the bench because the squad is good all through already. Now the Liverpool squad is better Rafa can start to look at tweaking it. But he's still spent less after selling the failures on than Ferguson in the last 5 years and most of the "failures" have been sold for profit, with the notable exception of Keane.

I do think Babel will go unless he lets him start playing as a striker, I think Lucas will go (especially if Barry comes), either Dossena or Aurelio will be gone (Aurelio with luck), hopefully Pennant will finally be offloaded too.

I'm going to say the same as last year, I think there will be a surprise signing and I think (and hope) it's Thierry Henry, that said I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Owen, he's on a free and even if he plays half a season he'd be worth having, even though I've still not forgiven him for being a judas!

Arfie

I said last year that I would prefer to keep Alonso over Barry especially at £18m, but the talk is that with only 1 year left on his contract he'd be about £8m now and there would be no reason to sell Alonso to fund the purchase. I don't think Lucas is a bad player, OK he's made arrors, but he's still young and not getting a regular run of games, but don't foget the lad is a full international in the middle of the park for Brazil, he's no mug. Having said that, if we get Barry then he'd be a much better player to use in rotation for Masherano, Alonso or Gerrard and he can play left wing or left back if needed. I'd bet Rafa would not lose money on Lucas if he sold him he'd get at least the £5m paid back.

Rafa has had to keep experimenting with cheaper players for 2 reasons, unlike Ferguson and Wenger, he's had to rebuild a whole squad, not just the team, the whole squad and hasn't had enough cash to buy expensive players. Ferguson can buy a £12-15m player to sit on the bench because the squad is good all through already. Now the Liverpool squad is better Rafa can start to look at tweaking it. But he's still spent less after selling the failures on than Ferguson in the last 5 years and most of the "failures" have been sold for profit, with the notable exception of Keane.

I do think Babel will go unless he lets him start playing as a striker, I think Lucas will go (especially if Barry comes), either Dossena or Aurelio will be gone (Aurelio with luck), hopefully Pennant will finally be offloaded too.

I'm going to say the same as last year, I think there will be a surprise signing and I think (and hope) it's Thierry Henry, that said I wouldn't be surprised if they signed Owen, he's on a free and even if he plays half a season he'd be worth having, even though I've still not forgiven him for being a judas!

Arfie

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back