White Spot

Galaxy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Can Ich Kill?

I lost a molly at the weekend who was always quite pale in colour. I now have another balck molly exhibiting some white dots on its fins and some on body. I have bought treatment today, but I was wondering could ich have killed my other molly?

On the other hand my tank is currently in the second part of its cycle with high nitrites. I have been changing 40% of the water every second day! The fish that died has been weak since the start spending alot of time on the bottom. It then perked up for a few days when the ammonia spiked but then went downhill again over the last few days before dying on Saturday. The Black molly with the visible white spot also has a tendency to lie on the bottom at times but when you approach the tank it swims up (probably looking for food).

Since I have been inundated with replies, I would also like to know is it wrong to use whitespot medication whilst a new tank is cycling. Do I just let my fish suffer and possibly die in the meantime until the tank is cycled???? :S :S

I got ich in my tank while it was cycling. I treated it just fine. I've since finished the cycle and everyone is alive and well. This is my first tank, so don't take my word for gold, but I didn't have any problems treating for ich while cycling the tank.

if you have mollies just put a lot of salt in the water, the ich cant stand it, but the mollies can stand even marine water so that will kill it, or use quick clear, or just turn up the temp of your tank to abut 84. ich isnt that serious, its prolly the most common parasite fish get, but by the time you notice it, its already been in the tank for a week.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back