white spot disease

choc 1

Reaction score
Hello,

I have noticed last night that a few of my fish have white spot disease, i'm going to get some treatment today and put it in then hopefully this should cure it. My main concern is because my tank is still cycling i'm doing regular water changes to keep the nitrite down, i was going to change my water before i put the treatment in but then how long do i krrp the treatment in before i can change my water again. :dunno:

Welcome to the forums. :)

I'd just leave it in for at least three days, but longer if possible. You'd probably get more replies if you posted this in the Tropical Emergencies board.

Good luck with your fishies, hope they recover! :thumbs:

At lease 3 days....but I'm sure it will say on the box the period of treatment! Go with that.

Maybe increasing the temp, without treatment, could solve the prob...use treatment if unsuccessful!

HI Choc...I've had 2 successful ich treatments to date and didn't lose a fish. Here goes:
1) Choose your med and follow directions...I had good luck with staight up malechite green
2) Remove the charcoal from the filter
3) Slowly bump up the temp on the tank to 81-85 degrees as tolerated by the fish
4) I did 10% water changes every other day...the fish are stressed and you need all the cushion you can get even tho' you are cycling. Put the med in after the water change and don't forget the dechlorinator
5) You didn't say what your fish were...that would alter things....ie, aquarium salt is helpful when fish are being treated for illness and malechite green may have to be down dosed (half the dose) with certain sensitive fish (eg, teras).
6) continue treatment for 2-3 days after the last spot disappears. Be prepared to extend treatment if it recurs. Good luck. SH

Ok what i did was use the salt method but used a smaller does because i have neons in there too. It seems to have cleared up fine!

If you use salt monitor how your fish react to it. If they react bad then do some water changes to dilute the salt.

Yes i would also clean my tank a few times a week or soo..and keep adding that blue ich medicine that you add to the water i think it's methyalenlue but it's called ich guard i think?..but yes that stuff really helps get rid of it..and cleaning your tank alot helps too..gets rid of all the :flex: tuff diseases in your tank... :S

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back