White puffy fungus on my angelfish. HELP!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Katie_wolin

Reaction score
I have noticed this white puffy fungus on the top (eyelid area) of my angelfish. It's also on his body in little dots and verry small, sort of stringy. I noticed it growing on my real plant and removed that and did a 60% water change and cleaned the filter. But it hasn't been getting any better.
I have a tiny bristlenose pelco and the angelfish in my 20 gallon tank. My angelfish is about 3 years old and I have never had a problem. PLEASE HELP! Do I need to put some sort of chemical in?

Hi Katie_wolin:

If you just noticed the fungus very recently, you could try one of the milder antifungal treatments such as Pimafix to see if you can catch it now. If it's been there for awhile then you may need to start using a stronger antifungal, like Tetra FungusGuard.

Hi Katie_wolin:

If you just noticed the fungus very recently, you could try one of the milder antifungal treatments such as Pimafix to see if you can catch it now. If it's been there for awhile then you may need to start using a stronger antifungal, like Tetra FungusGuard.
Ok! It's only been there for a little bit so I think Primafix might work! Thank you!

Most reactions

Back