White Dots By Anus On Betta

Just_Another_One

Fishaholic
Reaction score
when i bought my last betta i noticed a little white dot like the size of a period or smaller on or by its anus.. I didnt really think anythng of it untill now one of my other bettas is showing the same thing

they are all healthy other wise and pooping normally. anyone had this before??

i should mention that they share a tank and it looks like the 'dots' are comming out of anus kind of like callamanus worms but they are white and not spikey or long. they have only been together for a week or so..

yeah they are both males. No changes in diet. when I first got pandora i noticed them but didn't really thin anything of it because they are so tiny but now it showed up on his tank mate which is getting me worried...

Never heard of tiny white dots coming out of the anus before.

Are you sure it's not whitespot.

Signs of internal parasites are.
long stringy white poo or clear mucas poo.
Enlarged anus or red inflamed anus.
Fish will look skinny or bloated.
Sunken in belly sometimes.
Bent spine sometimes.
Sometimes fish will swim on its side.

thanks Wilder. I agree it is very weird. I have never seen or heard of this either. It looks like two or so little white specks on the anus..

Other than that the fish have NO other symptoms and are happy and hungry as can be. Im putting all 4 of my boys in one tank once the silicone has cured so it will be interesting to see if they all devolp it.

I guess I will let them be for now and moniter for other symptoms in the future...??

That sounds fine.
If anymore changes get back to the board.
Keep a look out if the spots appear anywhere else on the fish.
Good Luck.

Most reactions

Back