Which tank for my new synodontis petricola?

vantgE

I know you agree
Reaction score
Hi I'm heading out to the store for some synodontis petricola to eventually be added to my african mbuna tank however I think they will be to small to be added there imediately so I need a temporary lpace to grow them out for a few months

Here are my tanks I wanna know where you guys would think I should put them

90 gallon mbuna tank
20 gallon mbuna fry tank one plant and one sanil most likely to big to get eaten but glass bottomed
60 gallon goldfish/goldfish fry tank divided cold watter but I could adjust a little
10 gallon tank, with white clouds, 2 adfs and a betta
4 gallon hex empty but possibly home for the adfs and betta (from above) so the synos could go in the ten

please let me know what you think I'll be back with them in the hour and they'll end up in the glass bottomed tank then but I'm not sure if they need sunstrate

You should put them in the 20G mbuna fry tank until they are fattened up a bit then put them into the 90G after about a month. Petricola are ace fish, but they are one of the social species of synodontis, so they need to be in groups. Ideally you want a group of 3 or more. I have 4 dwarfs and one "true" petricola in my 50G tank and they are really cool and fairly active :)

Ben

Thanks I bought four they are in the 20 gallon had to add some hidey places cause it was bare but it should be enough now, I can't see em getting any fatter these ones are tubs, but they are only an inch so I defiantely want to wait If the cichlids decide to pick on them they wouldn't be quick enough to get away, although they would love all the caves in that 90, being extra carefull grow em out as much as possible

you would be surprised, they can be very quick. As for the caves, they love them, make sure there are cracks and caves they can hang about upsidedown in...

Ben

Most reactions

Back