Which live plant would you recommend for betta fry so I can give them infusoria

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

Dried leaves are always advisable in any tank with fry. Studies have shown that fry develop faster with the infusoria mass produced from decaying organics, and dried leaves are safe and excellent for this. There is also natural microscopic food especially in an established tank.

it would have been better to start up a Infusoria culture before fry are born other foods for new born fry are liquefy or boiled egg yolk
They are on boiled egg yolk atm but it makes my tank cloudy and my jar of infusoria doesn't seam to be getting clear

Depends on the fry re leaves. The plecos I breed come from waters that have no leaves. But one thing that seems to make them grow faster is leaving them in the breeding tank as opposed to a grow tank. My belief is that they need to consume some poop from more mature individuals.

Re the infusoria, when I was breeding a few corys a long time ago, I would move a rock or small piece of wood which was covered in moss into the cory hatching/grow tank when I noticed that some of them had just about used up their yolk sac.

if your tank water is going cloudy then you are feeding too much, you also may be overfeeding the infusoria It should clear within two or three days.
Thank you this is very helpful and hopefully my jar will be clear tomorrow it will be the second day of waiting and it is attempt 2 as well. What do you mean buy over feeding the infusoria do u mean I have used to much veg etc when making it ?

Attachments

• WIN_20230816_23_50_27_Pro.jpg
    WIN_20230816_23_50_27_Pro.jpg
    183.7 KB · Views: 11
What are you using to make the infusoria?

The following link has some info on fry foods.

Thank you this is very helpful and hopefully my jar will be clear tomorrow it will be the second day of waiting and it is attempt 2 as well. What do you mean buy over feeding the infusoria do u mean I have used to much veg etc when making it ?
First of all, you have too much veg in the jar. Also having the lid on it Is probably not going to help. If you're worried about flies or other creatures getting into the culture, just put a mesh over top of Jar. your culture will probably take two weeks To break down and get established. Also Collins method will work well. For me, it's too much faffing about. infusoria are in almost every aquarium when i start up a culture. I get it established within six days. All you need is a jar of aquarium water. Green water will Help speed the process up 1, Add a very small piece of aquatic plant to water. 2, If you don't have plans add a small piece of algae. 3, Or add a small amount of gunk from fish tank filter, Whichever method is used, add a small amount of Brewers yeast Mix water with yeast turn to liquid Then add two pipet of liquid to culture,

Dried leaves are always advisable in any tank with fry. Studies have shown that fry develop faster with the infusoria mass produced from decaying organics, and dried leaves are safe and excellent for this. There is also natural microscopic food especially in an established tank.
I dry my excess duckweed to feed my paramecium cultures and it works great . You could put some into your fry tank too but be very aware of fouling the water from over feeding or overcompensating for whatever deficiencies you might think of . It‘s a bit of a balancing act .

Most reactions

Back