Which Gourami In This Set Up Will Work Best

Mr Spoon

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi, I need a bit of advice as I've not had much experience with gourami's. I'm setting up a 60L long tank and plan on adding 6 cardinal tetras and a bristle nose Pleco, I want to add a gourami or a small group, but unsure which ones will work best, any advice will be great.

Pearl gourami
Chocolate gourami
Sparkling gourami
Dwarf gourami
Opaline gourami

I personally have Opaline which are also a morph between gold and blue these guys are pretty and have no aggression of course only having one male

I'd go with dwarf 1 male to 2 females.

The tank is too small for the likes of opalines or pearls. They will both get 5 inches or so and plus the opaline is considered one of the more aggressive. Back when I first started the hobby 2 years back I had an opaline and a gold and they were both too aggressive for my community at the time

The tank is too small for the likes of opalines or pearls. They will both get 5 inches or so and plus the opaline is considered one of the more aggressive. Back when I first started the hobby 2 years back I had an opaline and a gold and they were both too aggressive for my community at the time. Also mine where in a 180 litre juwel vision tank.

The tank is too small for the likes of opalines or pearls. They will both get 5 inches or so and plus the opaline is considered one of the more aggressive. Back when I first started the hobby 2 years back I had an opaline and a gold and they were both too aggressive for my community at the time

The tank is too small for the likes of opalines or pearls. They will both get 5 inches or so and plus the opaline is considered one of the more aggressive. Back when I first started the hobby 2 years back I had an opaline and a gold and they were both too aggressive for my community at the time. Also mine where in a 180 litre juwel vision tank.

Your right on the to big part but IMO they aren't the most aggressive I currently have 6; 1 male 5 female and theyre in my community tank with harliquin rasboras and Bolivian ram and they are the most docile fish.... I've kept these fish for a while and never had a problem with aggression

Your right on the to big part but IMO they aren't the most aggressive I currently have 6; 1 male 5 female and theyre in my community tank with harliquin rasboras and Bolivian ram and they are the most docile fish.... I've kept these fish for a while and never had a problem with aggression

It does come down to the individual fish as most know, each fish has a different temperament. You will have more luck with only one male which is why I stated the ratio in my above post but even then most on here will say the opaline is considered the most aggressive.

They will show next to now aggression up until the hit adult maturity. That's the stage when all hell broke loose in my tank. It even give my breeding pair of kribensis a run for their money, well, up until they were actually breeding.

The other fish I had with them was redline torpedo barbs (didn't know they would be too big for my tank at the time), a bristlenose plec, Congo tetras (again didnt realise they were too big for the tank at the time) and bronze corys. The only fish the gourami didn't bother was the plec and corys lol

Completely correct all fish have different personality

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back