When do you remove fish???

moe_1

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
How am i posative with a breeding pair? My angels are all aggressive to each other, show various displays etc. One seems to be most dominant with another one. The other dosent really show much interest in any other fish, but has gone a bit gravid.

So should i remove the rest and get the dominant one and leave it with the other fish, that appears to be female and just pamper the pair with live food and water changes untill they spawn, or should i wait a while untill they actually start spawning/prepare to spawn???

Moe

pairing angels will protect their brood and fend away others... this is normal.

once the angels have spawned they will protect the eggs but they will also eat some. Best thing to do is once they have spawned is to get a glass jar.
Place it in the water and scoop up the leaf. cut the leaf with the eggs on it and place the lid on. make shure there is no air in the jar. this will kill the eggs.

place the jar in the other tankon the bottom and take the lid off. leave the jar in the tank. In around three days the eggs will hatch. they can live off of the yoke sacks for a few days. but you will need to place in liquid food for them.. At this point they would live off of what is growing on their parents. feeding from the scales.
once they get large enough for solids feed them on eggs. they need to be fed around 6 times a day. but 3 times is ok.
then for strong angels feed them on live food once a day.

Once the eggs have gone the parents will stop being agressive.

DO NOT EXPOSE THE EGGS TO THE AIR AT ALL.....

Most reactions

trending

Back