when can i free my baby guppies?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Dawney G

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have some baby guppies in my breeding tank that are about 6 weeks old now. They are still very small and i have no idea when i can let them out. Can anyone please tell me how old they need to be befor i let them out into the big wide world?!
thanx

If they won't fit into the other fish mouth that's when it's safe to release them back into the tank.

after about 3 months because they are big then ive got 1 guppy which i saved ages ago about 2 and a half months ago in with my 5 week old guppy fry 28 to be exact just wait till you see the tail gettin bigger like a fan it will go really round thats when you let him in.

I just set free 7 eight weeks old guppy fry in my 20g tank with the other fish in my sign. I was worried about my swords and mollies because they're big (2.5-3") but they chased them around for a little and then they were left alone. Make sure they can compete with the others for food, you dont want them to die of starvation after you took such good care of them. Its a great feeling to let them loose with the adults. A feeling of accomplishment.

Ok. that is great. thankyou all for your answers, you are avery helpfull.
see you around.
dawney G

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back