Whats Wrong With My Betta? Is There Anything Wrong?

yeah the carbon needs to come out, it'll effect the treatment.

And if it is definately fin rot, you want to stop it before it gets worse. It increases the recovery chances of your fish the earlier you catch it.

If your water is cloudy could it be ammonia build up?? Do you have an ammonia test kit?

If not, i suggest you do a 50% water change, then treat with the anti-fungal (if you are sure it's fin rot)
Did everything. I did a big water change, bought anti-fungal, and I got some another thing that was supposed to help start the cycle. It was probably ammonia build up, but I am not sure. And also I did remove the carbon.

Brilliant :good:

How is your betta looking?
And you'll need to keep on top of those water changes until the tank is cycled. Keep up the good work :)

Brilliant :good:

How is your betta looking?
And you'll need to keep on top of those water changes until the tank is cycled. Keep up the good work :)
Thanks! It says not to do water changes on the instructions for the anti-fungal. Should I ignore it?

Buddy's tail is looking pretty bad but we are trying. It definitely could be worse.

Hmm, i'm not too sure to be honest.

How long is the treatment for? I presume as long as you kept a close eye on him you could do a water change every other day instead. Or run the risk of high ammonia and run the treatment the full course.

I'm not the most knowledgable in this situation i'm afraid.

Hmm, i'm not too sure to be honest.

How long is the treatment for? I presume as long as you kept a close eye on him you could do a water change every other day instead. Or run the risk of high ammonia and run the treatment the full course.

I'm not the most knowledgable in this situation i'm afraid.
It said for seven days and the bottle said that if you need to you can do a 25% water change, but thats all.

I checkd the ammonia and its at about .25 I put prime in so thats supposed to nutralize the ammonia.

Buddy's tail is getting very worse. The treatment hasn't seemed to touch anything. The only thing I can think of that I put in besides prime would be my aquarium salt but I don't think that could cause fin rot....

Aquarium salt should have been fine.

I honestly don't know what to suggest. I'm really sorry.
Maybe if you made a new post in the emergency section you can get more help.

Aquarium salt should have been fine.

I honestly don't know what to suggest. I'm really sorry.
Maybe if you made a new post in the emergency section you can get more help.
Alright thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Back