what's wrong with him??

eja0913

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
i bought a betta several days ago, and this is what his tail looks like:

HPIM0111.JPG

he's not a happy camper right now at all. kinda listless, not eating, just hangin out at the top of his bowl. any idea on what this is? :/ i have MelaFix to treat him with, if it can be used in this situation. i dunno what to do, this hasn't happened before. :-(

With the tail being that close to the body, I believe that he must have gotten into a fighter either at the lps or before. I have sen many fish like that at petsmart and petco.

okay... i guess i'll just continue to treat him with MelaFix, as it says it repairs damaged fins, and i don't really know what else to use.. :( thanks for the post, kqrehm.

:-( Oh, that is sad I had a female betta that lived in her own tank and one day I noticed her tail was like being bitten off but it did'nt make sense she lives by herself then a few days later she died..... :sad:

oh sweety, :/
i'm sorry for your loss
see the red dot on the edge?
thats fin rot
it is deadly unless treated
your best bet next time is jungle fungus cure fiz tablets
you can get them at walmart or your local lfs
they work faster then any other meds i have used
if they are in a bowl, then just chip off a tiny peice
because of the bubbles it causes in the water it won't suffocate the fish
they cure even the worst case within 24-48 hours

good luck next time :thumbs:

Sorry to hear that. I had a red male with a similar problem though some Melafix helped clear it up. Using that was the right thing to do.

thanks Pointy kitty, i'll get some on my next trip to walmart or petsmart. i thought i'd try the Melafix, as a previous betta of mine had had a cut on his side (from a glass rock that broke and that i didn't see) and the MelaFix healed it right up...

thanks everyone again :look:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back