What's the stink!?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Shaydensmom

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I used to have two Gold-fish in my 2 Gallon-Tank (it was a Surepries-gift from somebody :blink: ) until I found out that they get so big plus needed way more room- I gave them away to a place where I know they get plenty of room to swimm and poop! :D I cleaned the whole Tank after them and started new! After that I put a Betta in there and Ghost-Shrimp! The water seemed to smell bad fast (pretty much the next day almost) , though good readings and partiall waterchanges everyday, strong 3-stagefilter (5-15 Gallon-filter), a C-100 Carbonpillow in the Tank and a Airpump! After I took today some water for the change out of it I smelled the water itself and it was not so bad at all, then I smelled the airstone and he stinks like a piece of hardened Cat-Pee. Could it be so simple as that the airstone (wich I had used with the Gold-Fish before) got impregnated so bad with it that is spreads the smell in the Tank?

Could be - with the filter you've got you don't really need it so take it out and see if the smell goes.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back