What's best for my fish ?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

JoshShuts80

Reaction score
i currently own a 8.5 gallon tank , with 2 very large live plants,and an air stone , in my tank I have 1 black moore (1-2 inches) and 4 danios (both 1 inch long) and two platys (both 1 inch long ) ,I understand that I cannot currently hold anymore fish as it exceeds the limit , I'm pretty sure I may have already crossed the limit of fish. But I recently noticed that my two platys are male and female and it looks like they are getting ready to mate. I don't want them to have babies in an overcrowded tank , I also have a tropical fish tank which could very well hold some of my danios , I was thinking to move about 2-3 danios into the tropical tank as I have read they can survive in there quite well, any suggestions ?

well how big is the other tank? does it have same parameters (what r param.?)

IF parameters are the same, if not you need to slowly acclimate them

If your Platies are sexually mature they have mated, Even separated from a male your female can produce fry for about 6 months, Luckily your Black Moor should eat the fry, so will the parents and only a few should survive.

I'm afraid your tank is too small for the moor. Fancy goldfish need tanks of at least 100l.

Most reactions

trending

Back