What To Feed Pearl Gouramis?

rebrn

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hello, My 2 Pear Gouramis don't seem to like the fish flakes I have. I got a sample of Aqueon Tropical Flakes free with my tank, I was holding on to them during the cycling process. Anyway all the other fish love them, but the Gouramis don't want to be bothered with them. I have only had them in the tank for a day, so not a big deal that they didn't eat last night nor this morning, also I had a fair amount of Planaria in the tank during the cycle, and still had a fair few after the water change, so hopefully the Gouramis had a Planaria feast :lol: . But I was going to go buy something for them, but not sure what that should be? Do Gouramis need special food, or is it just a trial and error thing with the flakes.

Hello, My 2 Pear Gouramis don't seem to like the fish flakes I have. I got a sample of Aqueon Tropical Flakes free with my tank, I was holding on to them during the cycling process. Anyway all the other fish love them, but the Gouramis don't want to be bothered with them. I have only had them in the tank for a day, so not a big deal that they didn't eat last night nor this morning, also I had a fair amount of Planaria in the tank during the cycle, and still had a fair few after the water change, so hopefully the Gouramis had a Planaria feast :lol: . But I was going to go buy something for them, but not sure what that should be? Do Gouramis need special food, or is it just a trial and error thing with the flakes.

Naw!!.. they are not finicky eaters... maybe just settling in. They will eat.

I was thinking I just hadn't given them enough time to settle in. They do seem to be a little skittish, the jump every time I go near the tank, so I guess they just need more time. I guess I was just comparing them to thier tank mates, zebra danio and cherry barbs, they don't seem to care one way or another what tank they are in, as long as they can swim fast and there is food :lol:

Most reactions

Back