What to feed my Betta's

kaz petts

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know this is probably a strange question but my betta in my community tank will eat blood worm and dried blood worm, dried daphnia and frozen blood worm.
My Bettas in my betta tank are harder to feed.
i have tried dried and frozen blood worm and they won't touch it. I have tried the dried daphnia and again they won't touch it. Give them live blood worm and it is all hands on deck. The problem is I am going away for 2 weeks in August and am beginning to panick because I don't know what to leave for them to eat. I have no where to take them for someone to look after them and I know that my mother/mother in law will not want to feed them blood worm, more to the point they will not want to have to be coming over every other day to feed the fish for me. Besides live stuff won't last 2 weeks in the fridge (would it?)
What can I do? Should I try the jelly blood worm and try that. I have also tried them with something specifically for bettas and again they turn their noses up, they will eat it eventually.
Kaz

have you tried betta flakes? that's all my betta will eat, and they aren't gross or anything, so maybe someone will be willing to feed him.

also, if they do eventually eat food that is specifically for bettas, i'd just stick them on that diet for those two weeks.

You could try frozen or freeze dried brine shrimp or betta pellets. I'm surprised some of your bettas won't eat bloodworms, none of mine have ever refused. Yours are sure picky :p

I'm surprised some of your bettas won't eat bloodworms, none of mine have ever refused. Yours are sure picky
yeah tell me about it. 3 of them will not touch the frozen stuff, they just look at it as if to say what the hell is this stuff you are giving us.
The betta I have in the community tank will happily eat frozen blood worm and will actually come up to my hand to take it from the frozen block.
The 3 in the betta tank will eat the live blood worm but not frozen.
Kaz

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back