What to feed ADF/Ghost Shrimp

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

VulcanNinja

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I bought 3 African Dwarf frogs today, and will be getting some ghost shrimp tomorow. What should I feed these guys? Ive read about bloodworms, freezedried shrimp, etc...

The ADFs hide in the rocks/gravel a lot, so I'm concerned they won't get the food. What's the best way to feed them?

Also, since I don't have them yet, will the ghost shrimp hide at the bottom as well?

Thanks!

Sometimes they'll eat algae wafers, but it really depends on the frog/shrimp, some like them, and some don't. Another thing you can do is feed them cucumber by rubber-banding a piece of cucumber to a small rock. If you get the rock out of your yard, or from a pond, etc you need to boil it before you put it in the fish tank. :D
HTH
~Sea Monster~

Ghostshrimp's will eat just about anything it can find on the bottom. I really don't worry about just trying to feed my ghostshrimp, because it has fish food and algae pellets to pick on, but in you case its different. I say you can feed it fishfood it will take it. Also, make sure you have a little place for the ghostshrimp or ghostshrimps to hide. They need somewhere to go when they are shedding their old exoskeleton. Good luck.

My ADF will eat freeze dried tubifex worms, frozen and freeze dried bloodworms, shrimp pellets, the occassional algea wafer and any flake that may make it to the bottom of the tank. Their favorites are the worm varities.

\Dan

Hi VulcanNinja :)

I feed mine live blackworms and tubiflex worms. :nod: I also supplement their diet with a product called "Frog Bites" by HBH.

It would be a good idea to provide a little cave for the frogs too. :D

Most reactions

trending

Back