What to Do!!!!!!

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

BlueRam22

Reaction score
Hey, I have everything ready in my tank a great substrate, good CO2, good heating and chemicals are all good too. I am just not sure what kind of plants to put in there, I would like some type of grass in the front, or clovers but have no idea what to put in the rest of the tank. If you have any suggestions please tell me it's a 55 gallon tank, with 2 watts per gallon.

Blue Ram! :flex:

You could also ask your local Aquatics shop if they have the Tropica plant catalogue as the catalogue has superb info on all the types of plant, how big they grow, spread, temperature, lighting requirements etc etc

The catalogue also has easy planting guides (like a paint by numbers map for your tank ) if youre like me and have no artistic / aquascaping talent !!

You could try Java Moss; but that can be a bit finicky. What I did in my 10 gallon tank is I made a 2" deep depression in the gravel where I wanted my Java Moss lawn and then put the moss in there; that way the moss is only slightly higher than the rest of the gravel. It looks pretty cool.

Yenko said:
You could try Java Moss; but that can be a bit finicky. What I did in my 10 gallon tank is I made a 2" deep depression in the gravel where I wanted my Java Moss lawn and then put the moss in there; that way the moss is only slightly higher than the rest of the gravel. It looks pretty cool.
that sounds interesting, any way you can get a pick of that?

all the java moss lawns that i have seen in pictures look huge

let me know if you can get a picture of it

Most reactions

Back