What should I get for my 55g?

Phreaxer

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Alright, I have been out of fish keeping for a while now, and I have decided to get a new tank (I gave away my last one when I moved). The catch is that I dont have a clue what to house in it. I want to keep it FW, and fairly easy to maintain (not realistic, but hey, its a dream). I also want to make it 'visually appealing'. My current thought is to get a 29 or 55 gallon and use light colored sand as my base. Aside from that, I am looking for suggestions. I posted this in oddball because I really like 'different' things, especially unique looking things (in this case, fish or other aquatic creatures) I also have a small amount of experience, so I would still consider myself to be a novice, hence the 'beginer' forum post. Hopefully someone can provide some good new 'family member' advice.

As a general rule you're not going to get easy to maintain and oddball in the same tank from what I've known . . . but easy to maintain otherwise isn't hard to achieve if you setup the tank from the get go with a good cycle. I had a 50 gal livebearer tank with a load of fish and it was fine with just weekly 25% water changes.

The only thing that's going to be necissary with sand is a weekly stirring so it doesn't build up anything nasty, or a loach that likes digging so you don't have to B)

Spilk said:
The only thing that's going to be necissary with sand is a weekly stirring so it doesn't build up anything nasty, or a loach that likes digging so you don't have to B)
great advice. thank you very much!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back