What Lights Are These? Juwel

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

baker360360

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hi all

Just about to click order online for a juwel trigon 190. But was looking at the order 1 last time and got curious about the lights that come with it. It states 2 x 28w High Lite Day tube. Are these t5 lights? Here's the link
http://www.arkpetsonline.co.uk/juwel-trigon-190-aquarium-cabinet-black-p-2925.html?cPath=2_13_15_655_657
Also states 1x100w heater but emailed them and they confirmed it comes with 1x200w .

If any one can answer about the lights would be great, if you all could look at the link and if this is a bad deal please let me know.
Thanks all

The lighting is T5 lights on that tank :) most of their newer models are nor with their newer high lite t5s.

As for whether its worth the price... that's completely up to you really! The tank is worth whatever you are willing to pay out for it...

There is a very limited range of corner tanks and admittedly (in my opinion) that is probably the best looking one....

But as all Juwel tanks go, it has its pros and cons, its good looking and actually, for a corner tank... that price is pretty good... but... Juwel filtration leaves a lot to be desired... especially in tanks that shape. Just because of how it is designed... the flow isn't great nor is the strainer for the filter, or rather, the dirt doesn't move easily towards the filter... and also the media can be costly to keep replacing....

That said, if you can get the tank for a bargain, why not consider taking out all the sponges from the Juwel filter (saves money) and filling it with biomedia (the more you have, the better your filtration!) and looking about for an external filter to put on as well (will fit in the cupboard fine). Something like a Fluval 306, Aquamanta 1000/1000u, 300 or 400. Or TetraTec EX700 or 1200.

Or maybe look at a cube or small rectangle tank to fit in a corner and maybe save yourself some pennies?

I can't attest to the value of the tank / lights / everything, but according to this site I would say that those bulbs are T5s. 

Mbou and sam b thanks
MBOU said:
The lighting is T5 lights on that tank :) most of their newer models are nor with their newer high lite t5s.

As for whether its worth the price... that's completely up to you really! The tank is worth whatever you are willing to pay out for it...

There is a very limited range of corner tanks and admittedly (in my opinion) that is probably the best looking one....

But as all Juwel tanks go, it has its pros and cons, its good looking and actually, for a corner tank... that price is pretty good... but... Juwel filtration leaves a lot to be desired... especially in tanks that shape. Just because of how it is designed... the flow isn't great nor is the strainer for the filter, or rather, the dirt doesn't move easily towards the filter... and also the media can be costly to keep replacing....

That said, if you can get the tank for a bargain, why not consider taking out all the sponges from the Juwel filter (saves money) and filling it with biomedia (the more you have, the better your filtration!) and looking about for an external filter to put on as well (will fit in the cupboard fine). Something like a Fluval 306, Aquamanta 1000/1000u, 300 or 400. Or TetraTec EX700 or 1200.

Or maybe look at a cube or small rectangle tank to fit in a corner and maybe save yourself some pennies?
To fit an external filter would I have to cut holes in the lid?

Thanks for advise guys.
I just bought the juwel, it should come within 5 days

You might well have to cut a bit about 2x2cm on each side of tank, we had the Fluval equivalent of the 350 (bigger corner tank) set up as a marine tank and to put the skimmer on, we had to cut a section about 12cm x 4cm out of a flap, easily done with a tiny hacksaw :) and well worth it for the results

MBOU said:
You might well have to cut a bit about 2x2cm on each side of tank, we had the Fluval equivalent of the 350 (bigger corner tank) set up as a marine tank and to put the skimmer on, we had to cut a section about 12cm x 4cm out of a flap, easily done with a tiny hacksaw :) and well worth it for the results
The fluval have holes in the bottom of the tank for external filter, which I think is the only down side for the juwel.

Most reactions

trending

Back