What Is This?

bitfishy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I bought a second hand 5ft tank nearly six months ago and its sat there unused since then. The boyfriend is making noises so I best get cracking. Truth is the whole thing scares me a little bit - it's a bit out of my league. Anyway after six months I'd completely forgotten how the plumbing etc worked but I think I've worked it out now, however there's this bit which I presume is related to the outflow back into the tank. Am I right? I'm a bit unsure because I could've sworn the bloke I bought it off said it was the inflow pipe to the sump, but that makes no sense whatsoever if I've got the piping done properly............................

Please help

100409.jpg

hi

your outlet take the water into the sump the black pipe in the pic is the inlet what puts the water back into the tank

regards scott

Thank heavens for that! Thanks for replying. I've always used koralia powerheads before, but I take it that these are the type of devices that give the single directional flow that most things don't like. If so, whats thebest way of getting around this - I've seen spraybars mentioned but I don't know how to make one.

got my outflow/inflow muddled - thanks :blush:

Most reactions

Back