What is this plant?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

turbotiber

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey, I bought this plant at the local pet store. It was my mistake, I thought it looked pretty and didn't even research it. It's leaves break off a lot especially when I change the water or handle them and so I have lots of leaves floating in my fish bowl that I have to clean out so they don't rot and harmy my betta.

Here's a picture of it. Don't mind the betta... he's sick with ich and currently under treatment... my poor baby :-( But what is that plant? And is it suppose to lose a bunch of its leaves?

EMR

Attachments

• sickbetta.jpg
    sickbetta.jpg
    25.1 KB · Views: 54
How much light is the plant getting?
Most plants not getting enough light will get brittle.

It's anacharis that's probably used to a lot more light than that. Chances are it'll melt, and then maybe come back in a spindlier form.

Mm.. maybe it is a light problem because at the store it was in a 10g tank with loads of light and here it doesn't get that much light (rainy season so the clouds take over the sky). I have a lamp over it now (it's a bowl with no cover so the lamp can't stay on too long, don't want my baby to jump out), hopefully that will help it.

Hope it does grow back in a more not-so-much-light resistance, at least till I get a proper tank with all the works.

Thanks for the help!

EMR

Plus it was probably recently harvested from a pool out in the sun somewhere. It may have already been struggling to acclimate in the petstore.

I have a little low light tank with just a desk lamp with a daylight bulb over it. There aren't many plants that will flourish in such a setup. I have a java fern, an Anubias barteri v. nana, and a Cryptocoryne wendtii in there.

Most reactions

Back