What is the best endler's livebearers tankmate?

elephantnose3334

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Thinking of possible tankmates (except neon tetras, but include cardinal tetras instead) for a future Endler's livebearer tank. What are some tankmates you will give to me?

First, this is a livebearer and thus prefers moderately hard water. The species Poecilia (Acanthophacelus) wingei occurs in Northeast Venezuela, endemic to Campoma and Buena Vista coastal lagoons. The source for the type specimens is a warm freshwater lake with hard, alkaline water on the Paria Peninsula. Medium hard to hard (10-35 dGH), basic (pH 7-8), temperature 24-30C/75-86F. As with all livebearers, guppies perhaps exceptions, it must not be maintained in soft, acidic water.

The tetras mentioned are very soft water species, to be at their best. Other livebearers are possible tankmates depending upon the tank size. This is general, there are some non-livebearers that could work.

@elephantnose3334, the question is already been mentioned in another thread of yours. Try not to make several threads with the same question.
First, this is a livebearer and thus prefers moderately hard water.
Well, I do have to correct this. Endlers and endler hybrids do well in softer water as well. There are places they occur in very shallow waters with lots of fallen leaves where the water is soft and not even moderate hard. But experience also learns that they do well and stay healthy in soft water with even reproduction. This is also what I've already mentioned in another reply in a similar thread of this poster.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back