What Fishes Like To Be In A Tall Tank?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

wendywc

Rocking a crabshell for a hat.
Reaction score
Just spotted a bargain at my LFS for a tall tank. It is 24"X12"X48" (length x width x depth) which is 60 US gallons. I was thinking it would be great since it doesn't take up much room - footprint-wise. But what fishes like to be in such a tall tank? :dunno:

Thanks for the replys! Are angels they only possibility? How about archer fish?

too small for archers. angels? you could get a large tube that runs up the middle of the tank with small rocks stuck onto it with silicon or whatever or get a huge peice of driftwood from a beach,and get a few small rift valley cichlids ion there like yellow labs.
dany. :)

Wow. Weird size. How you gonna get your arms down there to plant it and stuff?! hehe.

Just spotted a bargain at my LFS for a tall tank. It is 24"X12"X48" (length x width x depth) which is 60 US gallons. I was thinking it would be great since it doesn't take up much room - footprint-wise. But what fishes like to be in such a tall tank? :dunno:
I used to have a 24"Lx24"H x12"W tank and it wasn't very stable. Unless you can put this tall narrow one in a corner or alcove I'd be very wary of it and with this depth it will only hold the same as a 15g tank. One to leave behind unless you want a room feature rather than a fish tank. This tank is a bit small for a pair of angels.
If you want a 4' deep tank it needs a larger footprint IMO

Yeah, definately a weird size. I think I'll pass; not much potential and the stability issue sounds frightening. Thanks everyone.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back