What Fish Are You ?

🐠 May TOTM Voting is Live! 🐠
FishForums.net Tank of the Month!
🏆 Click here to Vote! 🏆

@WhistlingBadger They had a show on PBS about Giant Springs State Park up at Great Falls Montana with some great underwater photography and trout are beautiful fish . Seen underwater they are magnificent . Too bad you want to be a native Yellowstone Cutthroat . Some yokel will introduce brookies and drive you out .
Yep, it's already happening. Where does one go when Wyoming starts getting too crowded??? :S

I think I might be a mummichog. It's a killie that locally is found in a stream running through an old, long poisonous oil refinery. It's being studied for its ability to adapt to pollution, which would be urban me, but it also lives in clean water (retired me). It lives in groups but forages on its own. It likes cold weather and is at home in fresh, salt and brackish water. It ain't a looker but it's okay.

I think I might be a mummichog. It's a killie that locally is found in a stream running through an old, long poisonous oil refinery. It's being studied for its ability to adapt to pollution, which would be urban me, but it also lives in clean water (retired me). It lives in groups but forages on its own. It likes cold weather and is at home in fresh, salt and brackish water. It ain't a looker but it's okay.
Fundulus species ?

Yep, it's already happening. Where does one go when Wyoming starts getting too crowded??? :S
Alaska??? Since cold doesn't really bother me much I could do Alaska. ;)

Things change and not always for the best. Between Florida and Wyoming I spent around a year or so in Ohio to see friends and family. I had been gone for like 25 years and it was all amazingly different. When I left Ohio in 1987 there was a drive-in theater that, even though already shut down, was still there. Now it is a minor league baseball park. That isn't really a bad thing but it broke some nostalgia as the concession stand was my first real job when I was around 14. When I left in 1987 there was Shoregate shopping center. It was an open large strip mall basically but was booming. When I went back it was a slum with more closed store fronts than stores that were still open and piles of trash all over the place. Most of my old haunts were gone and it seemed like a place I had never been before. It all REALLY bothered me... I guess it is a case of you really can't go back home. You can only go back to where you used to live if that makes any sense.

Probably an oto. Just let me graze quietly with friends around me, but not being too clingy with each other unless something exciting like a water change is happening.

I'm already changing my mind, feeling like a bit of a grumpy male betta tonight! I might pop into this thread a lot and make it into "which fish do you feel like today?" kinda thing!

The grumpiest fish I've ever kept were the buffalohead group - Steatocranus. They hate and want to kill everything, but they have a reduced swim bladder so they swim with difficulty. They only catch snails, which they crush and devour. Some species pile the pierced snail shells beside the doors to their caves..

I'm 5 years away from being like that.

Mummichogs are Fundulus heteroclitus. Really common along the northeast coast of this continent.

The grumpiest fish I've ever kept were the buffalohead group - Steatocranus. They hate and want to kill everything, but they have a reduced swim bladder so they swim with difficulty. They only catch snails, which they crush and devour. Some species pile the pierced snail shells beside the doors to their caves..

I'm 5 years away from being like that.

Lies. You're far too nice to devour others and leave their bones lying around. I think you'd be more tidy and organised, for a start. I reckon you're more of a botiid loach. Active, curious, smart and social, but can nom a snail when needed. I don't know why you'd need to nom a snail, but I'm sure you could if you had to.

Alaska??? Since cold doesn't really bother me much I could do Alaska. ;)

Things change and not always for the best. Between Florida and Wyoming I spent around a year or so in Ohio to see friends and family. I had been gone for like 25 years and it was all amazingly different. When I left Ohio in 1987 there was a drive-in theater that, even though already shut down, was still there. Now it is a minor league baseball park. That isn't really a bad thing but it broke some nostalgia as the concession stand was my first real job when I was around 14. When I left in 1987 there was Shoregate shopping center. It was an open large strip mall basically but was booming. When I went back it was a slum with more closed store fronts than stores that were still open and piles of trash all over the place. Most of my old haunts were gone and it seemed like a place I had never been before. It all REALLY bothered me... I guess it is a case of you really can't go back home. You can only go back to where you used to live if that makes any sense.
You got that right Man ! Nothing stays the same . It gets trashed and used up . Right here in not so little anymore Billings Montana I am finding it more difficult with each passing year to see the town I grew up in . Our family came here in 1963 and I’ve never left and never will but it hurts to see the plastic , vanilla , same old - same old franchises and big box stores that are common to everywhere pushing out everything else . I still find pockets of resistance to the capitalist onslaught and that’s encouraging but change is inevitable , as they say , but it isn’t for the better . What a sad state of affairs it is what you described about the mall in Ohio . Big business is like a horde of locusts . They strip everything bare and move on . Cheaper to build a new plastic store than to renovate . Sadder still is that we are the ones to blame with our addiction to materialism .

Most reactions

Back