What can iI do

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

dolphinonj

Reaction score
Help! :(
I got a new tank (10 gal.) last week and I put fish in after 36 hours (which I know was to soon) The water is still cloudy. I took out and replace 50% and still cloudy. Do i need to take the fish out and start all over or will it fix its self. :dunno: I didnt have this problem with 3 gal. tank any help/advice would be greatly appreciated
thanks
bri

I think the cloudyness is caused because you didnt cycle the tank. Chances of your fish surviving the next coming weeks are slim, but not unreal. If you have the possibility to move the fish into a well suited tank for now, or give them back to the fish shop, this will be your best option. There's pinned topics on how to cycle a tank in this section of the forum, I recommend reading through them and following this step by step.

If you decide the keep the fish in the tank, I'd do frequent water changes (at least 25% a day) and hope that the cycling process will go fast and wont take too many fish lives. The cloudyness should go down within a week of doing daily water changes ... though, the benificial bacteria wont have grown properly yet, so it might still be slightly cloudy for another month

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back