What brand betta food do you use?

cometcattle

Go Hawks!
Reaction score
I bought a grey/red betta on Saturday, and he went on a hunger strike. The owner of the LFS said he fed them Wardley flake. I tried that, no go. I bought TopFin betta bits, he ignored it.

This morning, I gave him frozen brine, he ate it. :D

I dont want to feed him that all the time, so I wondering what the betta experts use. :dunno:

I use Wardley floating pellets. Lots of people have 'bad' stories about it,but I've been using the Wardley sinking and floating kind with zero probs for years.

modernhamlet said:
Hikari Bio-Gold Betta Bits are an excellent daily feeding staple.
Yes, that's what most of the LFSs feed their fish. Many a time you check the Lee's Dual Betta Hex package and the free Hikari sample is missing.They tell me they feed them some brand of fish food right from the shelf, but I know better. They feed them those Hikari pellets and sell the junk.

Well, I feed a variety, balanced diet and all :p :

Hikari Bio Gold Betta bites
Bio Blend Betta food by Marineland
Bloodworms
Baby brine shrimp (that I constantly raise for my cichlid fry)
Blackworms (secure source)
Mossquito Larva
And the ocassional pea cooked and peeled (1 per betta every couple of weeks)

cometcattle said:
I bought a grey/red betta on Saturday, and he went on a hunger strike. The owner of the LFS said he fed them Wardley flake. I tried that, no go. I bought TopFin betta bits, he ignored it.

This morning, I gave him frozen brine, he ate it. :D

I dont want to feed him that all the time, so I wondering what the betta experts use. :dunno:
Hikari Bio-Gold betta pellets
Frozen Bloodworms
Freeze-dried brine shrimp

I gave up on the set feeding pattern I had and just feed them a different type every other day.

I feed all Hikari foods....I have yet to branch out into frozen food...i will take the leap once I get the courage to introduce the element of risk of parasites etc... Anyhow I feed betta bio-gold, micro pellets when i have little ones, and freeze dried daphnia and brine shrimp as a treat. All are Hikari brand foods as they are guaranteed parasite free.

me too ,Hikari Bio-Gold betta pellets,Frozen Bloodworms,betta flakes... 3 kinds of foods

I'm told hikari is the best, but I alternate between hikari and bettamin (I think that's the other one...)

Bio-gold baby pellet, Bettamin, FD Baby Shrimp, FD Bloodworm, and brine shrimp (occasonally)

Is what I feed my bettas

i was thinking of raising brine shrimp (using those brine shrimp eggs), are they safe for bettas to eat? it is live food still adn i'm jsut a litilte worried about whether or not it'll get poisioning or some kind of paraiste from it? :unsure:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back