What are you doing today?

Yeah, the Bighorns do blend into the Beartooths which blend into the Absorokas which blend into the Wind River Range. I think you could pretty easily walk from the outskirts of Lander to the outskirts of Redlodge without ever going below 9,000. Wouldn't that be a great trip?

But the claim of tallest peak in Wyoming goes to our Wind River Range, with Gannett Peak, at 13,800 ish. Cloud Peak is around 13,4 if I remember right. Cloud was the first legit big mountain I ever climbed. It's absolutely magnificent up there. I believe Hooker is in the Winds too, isn't it?
How long must I put up with this faithless forum ? I tell you that if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to Mt. Hooker to be uprooted and moved to the Bighorns and that Cloud Peak could be taller than Gannett Peak .

How long must I put up with this faithless forum ? I tell you that if you had faith as small as a mustard seed you could say to Mt. Hooker to be uprooted and moved to the Bighorns and that Cloud Peak could be taller than Gannett Peak .
Yeah, but a tectonic event of that magnitude, even if it had divine origins, would REALLY screw up the fishing and elk hunting.

Today was an eventful day. I spent the day with my friend doing last minute errands before her wedding (so exciting!) we had a lot of fun 🤩

About 45 minutes after getting back home to her apartment I had probably my biggest seizure yet. I stopped breathing for nearly a full minute, it was very scary when I woke up I didn’t know where I was or anything

I never even thought of that . A guy better be careful about what he does .
I always took the "faith moving mountains" thing to be a bit more on the metaphorical side. Just the lawsuits from landowners would be daunting...

Had a visitor drop by from out of state. Wasn't just visiting me but, rather, half the residents in my apartments. Up until a couple of years ago he used to be our maintenance guy. He is a great guy even if he does like the wrong sports teams. ;)

Other than that my feet sort of feel good and weird at the same time. New slippers and after wearing the old ones for 4-5 years it takes a few days to get used to new... Some say that I pay way too much for slippers as I could just go to Walmart and get a pair for $15.00 USD but they are cheaply made and you're lucky if they last a year. I paid ~$40.00 USD for the old pair and they lasted 4-5 years. In the long run which is really less expensive?

Just finished mass rehearsal for our last concert of the year. 4th and 5th grade songwriting concert. The kids made some really, really great songs this year. Hope they nail it tonight.
Well, they nailed it, alright. The audience gave them a standing ovation and they got to sing an encore. They worked really hard this past few weeks, and that showed on stage. I'm so happy for them. 💕

I have returned to the fishroom, after a few days in southern Spain. They have this weird sky orb thing there that produces unpleasant amounts of heat and light, and that makes you appreciate shade. The artistry in the ancient mosques, cathedrals and palaces, and how they dealt with the climate while building beauty is really something to experience.
So today, I have to get the fishroom running properly again. It ran well for a week.

Had a visitor drop by from out of state. Wasn't just visiting me but, rather, half the residents in my apartments. Up until a couple of years ago he used to be our maintenance guy. He is a great guy even if he does like the wrong sports teams. ;)

Other than that my feet sort of feel good and weird at the same time. New slippers and after wearing the old ones for 4-5 years it takes a few days to get used to new... Some say that I pay way too much for slippers as I could just go to Walmart and get a pair for $15.00 USD but they are cheaply made and you're lucky if they last a year. I paid ~$40.00 USD for the old pair and they lasted 4-5 years. In the long run which is really less expensive?
I’m like you Jay . I like to get some mileage out of my money . There’s a big difference between cheap and inexpensive .

I have returned to the fishroom, after a few days in southern Spain. They have this weird sky orb thing there that produces unpleasant amounts of heat and light, and that makes you appreciate shade. The artistry in the ancient mosques, cathedrals and palaces, and how they dealt with the climate while building beauty is really something to experience.
So today, I have to get the fishroom running properly again. It ran well for a week.
Wondered where you were . Fish all okay then huh ? Good .

Loving my doggo, like I do every day
PXL_20240501_053806709.MP_Original.jpeg
🥰

I'm going to have to learn some conversational Spanish for future trips. So I looked in the bookcases and pulled out my "Spanish in 30 days" book, figuring I'd have another go at it. I think the 30 days may be a bit over the top though - I bought the book in 1992, according to the bill I found inside.
It could be I procrastinate.

I dislike being the tourist who doesn't speak the language. It seems disrespectful when I've had time to prepare. It's not like you end up up talking philosophy when you travel - but the next time, I'll be able to cover basics. You can't expect people to speak your language. Spanish and Italian should be in range.

I got through a few hours in Casablanca airport with nothing but French and really cool old movie dialogue in my head. We took a shortcut through the US on the way home, and after we'd cleared, the border guard stopped and said "I could never make it through Casablanca airport without saying movie lines out loud, even just to myself."
I answered "Neither could I".
For a moment, there were two guys in imaginary fedoras, black and white in the bug filled swamps of Maine.

We are cleaning up the mess from the hat watewr tank leaking. Our house has no basement and the furnace and water and hot water tanks are all in a utility closet in the kitchen. So the wood fllors in the kucthen on the clncrete slab are soaked. There is no hot water and we have to replace the water heater and the entire kitchen floor.

Just what needed. We already have to remove a thru the wall AC and patch up the wall and also replace the AC that replaced the thru the unit which we stopped using. Plus the flter for the pool has died and that has to be replaced as well. We are looking at a small fortune being spent.

Lately between my health, people passing away and the house falling apart life is just dandy. ANd then there is getting rid of most of my fish. The water heater will be replaced tomorrow but all the kitchen floor, some of the sheetrock walls and maybe a large tall kitchen cabinat or two. Oh yeah, the freezer half of the fridge is also broken so we have to replace the fridge as well.

Anybody want to buy a house? 😵‍💫

Most reactions

Back