What are you doing today?

What's the ceiling made of?
There were some fancy looking ceilings made back in the 70 & 80s but they had asbestos or vermiculite in. If it's an old building, be careful not to damage the ceiling just in case it has something nasty in it.
i donā€™t know to be honest but iā€™ll keep that in mind

thanks for the tips! iā€™ll look into that air vent. :)

Time for McDonaldsā€¦
9A8DC13A-E712-4290-8EB8-DAB669D15230.jpegCEA7DBE5-280B-46FC-851B-CC86E9C54613.jpeg

not tryna clutter the thread lol but hereā€™s my new place!
View attachment 341005View attachment 341006
itā€™s a 1 bed 1 bath and itā€™s simple but i love the feeling of it

(definitely MIGHT get a nano saltwater tank after i move out šŸ«£)

im just glad the landlord is super chill with tanks, he said my fish tank was no problem and if i wanted to get more it was all good :)
Nice looking place! 1b 1b is the only way to go for a single guy--let to clean up! Is the flooring vinyl or laminate? Vinyl is MUCH better for fish tanks; water will damage laminate pretty quickly. Glad the landlord understands the fish addiction. :)

So, I seem to remember that back in the day you were pretty into a military career. I assume you turned a different direction?

Catching my swarming honeybees. But after catching them they left of again (or moved back into their hive for another day)

Attachments

• 20240430_121039.jpg
    20240430_121039.jpg
    551.3 KB · Views: 2
i normally just use small jigs or crankbait, but i should try top water more!
When perch fishing on North East Ohio I usually used live bait, minnows or works. In Canada, fishing game fish, I used mostly lures. For surface I normally used a Rapala... Think of a light minnow with a scoop at the front to mimic an injured prey fish. If I was going for Northern Pike I normally used a yellow/black Dare Devil spoon which seemed to work better than the normal red/white. For Walleye I always found that a weighted line with a worm worked best normally. SM Bass were sort of different depending on the water and stuff. If there was a lot of tree fall going into the water near the shore a weighted line with a worm worked really well. If casting it guess it just depended on their mood as different lures would work at different times also largely depending on the water.

not tryna clutter the thread lol but hereā€™s my new place!
View attachment 341005View attachment 341006
itā€™s a 1 bed 1 bath and itā€™s simple but i love the feeling of it

(definitely MIGHT get a nano saltwater tank after i move out šŸ«£)

im just glad the landlord is super chill with tanks, he said my fish tank was no problem and if i wanted to get more it was all good :)
I LOVE the ceiling fan and floor! :) One of the first things I did when I moved into my current apartment 11+ years ago was to replace the ceiling light fixtures in my living and bedroom with ceiling fans.

A friend I had before leaving Ohio in 1987 did a cool thing with his basement to turn into a sort of man cave... LOL! Never was a total man cave as his wife was a bit of a tom boy and spent as much, if not more, time in the cave. ;) He used hardwood flooring for the ceiling and wood Parquet flooring for the floor. Turned out totally awesome. :)

Nice looking place! 1b 1b is the only way to go for a single guy--let to clean up! Is the flooring vinyl or laminate? Vinyl is MUCH better for fish tanks; water will damage laminate pretty quickly. Glad the landlord understands the fish addiction. :)

So, I seem to remember that back in the day you were pretty into a military career. I assume you turned a different direction?
not sure what it is to be honest.

oh no definitely not doing that, i actually got the job at the epsom salt place and i start working there in 2 weeks. :)

Most reactions

Back