Well Its About Time.

Very much species dependant Truck. There are some that will (maroon or tomarto clowns for example) caurse havoc to other stock, but most (like Skunks IME, Percs and commons) should not be any trouble at all. (Though many think a 54l tank too small for the larger skunk clowns...)

Someone ought to tell my clowns that they are supposed to be agressive in nature then Truck. Granted, they are still juvis, but agressive they deffinately aren't...

stay tuned if you like, il grab some pictures not much will happen till i add my ready salted and get my powerhead, ive got an overkill heater too rena one i have lying around the rena smart heater 150.

I thought you wanted to keep fish in the tank, not crisps :lol:

All the best
Rabbut

found a smaller heater now well found serveral just hope they work!

if my powerheads delivered this week then il be able to get water, rock and substrate in by this time next week, to begin the lovely task of cycling the tank with fully cured live rock, shouldnt taketoo long that, i just hate aquascaping small tanks its difficult!

powerhead here, heater in water in, powerheads in i dont think the nano has alot of kick though may get another one. 150watt heater may be a tad much its got it up to temp it seems in 15 mins.....

live rock will more then likely be put in tomorow might steal some good stuff from the 1000 litre display :good: followed by sand which i have 15 kg of 3 different sized grains i havent decieded what i want yet!

just need to upgrade my lighting now ive found the bulbs have seem to of blown, the scars are still on there from when i had a very bodged 55 watt twin interpet set up on there!

pics may have to wait cus i broke my iphone today :sad:

finally got pictures, blew the original lights so i thought il try out these new tmc lights, didnt cost me anything so be nice to see what kind of effect they have, its a nice glimmer at the moment, 3 white 2 blue leds.

IMGP2199.jpg

IMGP2202.jpg

IMGP2203.jpg

IMGP2198.jpg

just need to add a nano skimmer the tmc one, and maybe another hydor nano i think. only been running a week now tbh im not expecting much of a cycle since the live rock is very well matured, and was out of water for about 15 minutes in transfer, but i want to wait add a bit more substrate, skimmer powerhead before adding any livestock.

as ive learnt from my other tanks patience is everything + why would i want to add anything ive only had one week of extreme rock watching.

nice rock work, i had aqua rays on my old tank, they do look nice. How many strips did you put on it?

cheers truck :good:

to ben n tiger, ive only got one strip on there could only blag one. =] didnt want to spend like £100 just for another one! i may add some t5s but that may disrupt the shimmer, im only really after low light corals anyway so dont want anything too powerful :)

my front of the tank hasnt been cleaned yet ooops!

i might upgrade to aquarays in july. when my system is actually running again :lol:

was thinking 2 marine white a 2 reef white?

what are you using? a reef white?

yep reef white :good:

not sure what coral growth will be like under them but may as well find out there write ups seem pretty good. they definetly do shimmer kind of makes me dizzy!

coral growth wont be massive, i used to have three strips on my old tank then switched to a 150W halide and it was way brighter.
The more white leds you get over it the better though. Corals do seem to look really good under the aquarays though, they bring out the colours really nicely. They just arent that powerful and dont work miricles like TMC seem to claim.

I am watching like a hawk, I may combine them with T5's on the 55g when I switch that. Really don't want halide unless I can help it as I want to keep my hood if at all possible.

Agree with Ben could do with more white but you can get from a T5 tube. I do like that shimmer effect aswell.

Keep us posted on the coral growth please :good:

looks like il just have to buy big colonies of zoas and pretend i grew them then :lol:

hopefully there alot cheaper to run then halides and dont have the evaporation issues! its not a massively deep tank so hopefully should be okay ..... i hope!

Most reactions

Back